Leupold VX-2 vs Vortex Diamondback HP

• Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42mm

Votes: 5 71.4%

Leupold VX-2 vs Vortex Diamondback HP

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  NorCalFocus 
#1 ·
Cant decide on a scope for my AR 308 build. Im going back and forth between a Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm and a Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42mm. Will the side parallax adjustment justify picking the Vortex over the Leupold or is the side parallax adjustment not as important? Rifle will be used for target shooting paper and steel targets at ranges from 50 yds all the way out to 600 yds. Barrel is 18" long with a medium length gas system.

#4 · (Edited)
Also the Leupold you mention will not track well at all.

One point regarding the Vortex scopes I found in their Questions and Answers section:

All of the Razor, PST, and any of the illuminated V-Brite Crossfire riflescopes have etched glass reticles. All their other scopes have wire reticles.

I pretty much prefer the glass etched ones after my son's Diamondback reticles broke while shooting his Tikka T3 Lite in 300WSM.

#5 ·
Great advice there.

OP, not sure what you were going to spend on the HD Diamondback, but Camera Land had the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 on sale.for $320. That's scope has better turrets and tracking, a 30mm tube and the glass etched reticle that blwebster was talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.