Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question if the reloading manual gives a length for a cartridge that is used in a savage 26inch 1:10 twist will putting the bullet that is used for a 26 inch barrel in a 24 inch 1:10 twist will that make it dangerous or will it be accepted I'm reloading ammo?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have a question if the reloading manual gives a length for a cartridge that is used in a savage 26inch 1:10 twist will putting the bullet that is used for a 26 inch barrel in a 24 inch 1:10 twist will that make it dangerous or will it be accepted I'm reloading ammo?
No. . . just a change in the length of the barrel will NOT "make it dangerous". Their will be a change in the muzzle velocity to the slower due to not all the power being burned by the time the bullet exits the muzzle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
But it would be extremely useful if the 155s were placed on top of 47.8 gr Varget and had a MV around 2950 for the long tube. As it is, it is not surprising that the delta-MV was low given that you weren't burning that much powder in the chamber

21 - 23 of 23 Posts