Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for 100 yard drills? Is a long drive to a range that has 300 yard access unfortunately, so I don't go often. There's a local range that goes to 100 yards though. So far I'm doing mostly 1"dot drills. But I want to challenge myself and need some help to find direction. Any tips anyone?

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try the smaller dots. The local range only let's you shoot from a bench. They won't let you go prone next to it, not even sit on the ground and shoot. I wanted to try and get a shot timer to start racing the clock. But the benches are so close together that it'll pick up everyone's shots.

Thanks for the tips though. I'll do those kneeling and barricade drills at a friend's land.

· Registered
5 Posts
I'll try the smaller dots. The local range only let's you shoot from a bench. They won't let you go prone next to it, not even sit on the ground and shoot. I wanted to try and get a shot timer to start racing the clock. But the benches are so close together that it'll pick up everyone's shots.

Thanks for the tips though. I'll do those kneeling and barricade drills at a friend's land.
Never understand ranges that have those sorts of restrictions. No real reason for it I can see :(

· Registered
1,500 Posts
Start shooting for score as well as group.
Take an NRA A23/5 50 yards smallbore target out to 100 yards.
Try to get a clean 200-20X at 100.
Doing it at 50 with a nice 22LR is doable with good equipment, ammo and practice.
I google image searched A23/5 and a few of my pictures showed up.
Here is 50 yards in my back yard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.