Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i'm sitting here at 6 AM EST (Being laid off has it's ups), and bam, London suddenly sees at least 2 confirmed explosions, one on a bus, one in a train station, along with a rumour of multiple explosions across London. Scotland Yard is saying it was a power surge. So, to leap on the topic early, what are your opinions on this report?

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/ ... 50707.html

(As I am writing this, people are saying that there were apparently multiple bus and sub station explosions)

·
Registered
152 Posts
its 10 27 here in new zealand, and ive just herd 6 bombs on bus routes and train stations

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
11.57 pm Thursday NZ ...... 2 confirmed dead, 185 casualties .... 7 explosions .... claimed on a web site by a new sub-group of al quaida ..... "European jihad" Islam is a twisted cult!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Recoil, the British security services do an exceptional job - that is why it has taken so long for terrorists to succeed in attacking London, and that is why people credit it as being a deeplyl thought out operation.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Re: re

Yimmy said:
Recoil, the British security services do an exceptional job - that is why it has taken so long for terrorists to succeed in attacking London, and that is why people credit it as being a deeplyl thought out operation.
Unfortunately people used to say the same thing about the FBI ..... until 9/11. I'm not saying that the British security services do not do an exceptional job, but the job at hand is extremely large and difficult.

MEL

·
Registered
140 Posts
Re: re

Yimmy said:
This is just a theory of mine, but i beleive that the bombs were placed directly after Britian got the 2012 olympics. If the US had gotten the 2012 Olympic games im almost possitive a few bombs would have gone off this morning in the US somewhere.

Sleeper cells are just that, Sleeping. That is untill they are told what to blow up. Bombings and other attacks are targeted towards political symbol's. These recent attacks on Britian's political target was the 2012 olympic games if you ask me.

And with 43 people dead and over 300 wounded and a muslim extremist group claiming responsibility i highly doubt they were " power surges ".

Al Qaida branch claims responsibility. http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&c ... s_al_qaida

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
No matter how good your countries LE is, something will get through eventually. We have no idea how many of these types of attacks have been preventd both here and in the US, but the govt can't and shouldn't talk about.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Woke up late today and just saw the news. I wanted to make a topic about this myself but since it's already here....

I can't say how shocked I was to see what happened when I woke up, and at first when I heard six bombs had gone off, I was scared it would be an attack on much larger proportions. It's still a terrible tragedy though.

To all the UK members here, my heart goes out to you guys, and stay strong!

After enduring things like the Blitz, I know y'all are a tough country, and the people who did this are going to pay for it in full.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sloppy, sub-amateur work on the so-called terrorists behalf. Most of the terrorists we (the English and Americans) have caught are/were wannabes and had little to no connection, or little significant connection, to Al Qaeda or any other large terrorist organization. Their being caught was a function of talking too much and/or doing something completely stupid like buying various materials on a "watch list" on the open market.
None of the so called "terrorists" caught on US soil are in jail, or being charged with anything. Not even the infamous Detroit group, who went to Afghanistan for some good old fashioned Jihad training.

·
Registered
238 Posts
God i hope my aunt is safe...
i hope she is too

but yah the last time anything terrorist-like happened at the olympics wasnt even against the US....

Unfortunately people used to say the same thing about the FBI ..... until 9/11.
firstly the FBI only has direct jurisdiction over the US and Latin America, the NSA is the US and alot with borders, the CIA with everything else basicaly

thus meaning, in order to oust such an attack you need cooperation between not only the intelligence agencies, but with the executive branch, which is what helped cause the 9/11 occurance, was that the small amount of communication between intelligence branches, was made even less usefull by the carelessness of the Executive branch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts