Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Been a few days since my last post, as I thought differences of opinion were getting a tad out of hand, but I thought you (especially madgunsmith) may be able to lend some advice on this.

I have located a 30m range, about 20-30 minutes drive from me (http://www.sigmarpc.co.uk/). As far as I knew until now, the closest was more than double that away, and only 25m's.

Now, long barrel revolvers are still legal over here, and my being interested in revolvers I thought it may be a good way to get into shooting out of the army. Once with a license, I could move to rifle shooting at a later date, although that would require a good hours drive.

Revolvers have to be at least 24 inches long, with a cal of .455 or less. Any suggestions as to what would make a good choice? I have been considering .45 colt old army single action types, as well as double action Taurus long barreled ones, in either .44 magnum or .30 carbine.

I would appreciate any opinions.:)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
24 inches long?

I don't know the overall length of the Taurus Raging Hornet, but somehow the idea of a long barrelled revolver in .22 Hornet gets me excited.

The Hornet is one of my favourite rounds; however, I have never loaded it for a handgun.

I think the .45 Colt would be a better choice than the .30 Carbine.

Mad

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull would be cool...They're supposed to lessen a good bit of recoil, the Taurus revolvers. Can 45 Colt be safely fired in a 454 revolver?

I fired a Smith and Wesson 357 that was great...sorry I can't remember the model, but I think it had a 6 inch barrel, and the front sight had an orange stripe. The model 29s in 44 mag look great too.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

My biggest priority at the moment then is to get my driving license so I can transport a firearm to the range lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts