Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not had any luck in finding a gunsmith to do some work on my rifle. I have went to three around me (central MI) to look at getting some rings/base mounted for a scope and when I asked about bedding the base to relieve any stress i got the :? look. 2 smiths both told me it wasnt worth the time/effort and the last just said he wouldnt do it and i was stupid.

Fine, Take my money somewhere else.

FYI looking to get the base mounted/bedded (1 pc base), along with the scope mounted (ie ringes lapped, ect..) also might have some other basic smithing stuff done as well. I'm willing to travel. I dont go north of clare MI much but i go to ohio a bit as well as indiana alot..

oh yea, scope will be a nightforce and the rings and base will be seekins most likley.

Thanks in advance guys...

Zar

·
Registered
804 Posts
do it yourself! Depending on the area you are in, I have the ring lapping and alignment kit. We can bed your bases and get you going.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks but,...

musashi said:
do it yourself! Depending on the area you are in, I have the ring lapping and alignment kit. We can bed your bases and get you going.
Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather have a PRO do the work them myself, Especialy after spending close to 2 thousand on mounts and glass.

I dont mind spending the money as long as I get what i want, and done right. Buy once, cry once.

Mind you, if "I" screwed it up, :oops: I think I'd be doing more then crying..

But thanks for the offer :D

Zar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts