Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a phone call from a friend in my unit a few minutes ago... and we are going out to the test range in a week to "mess around with" a anti armor rifle called the RT-20... he said its made in Croatia. Its a 20X110mm "Hispano" Caliber and ive never really heard of this before.
Im wondering if the 20X110 "hispano" is any different than the regular 20X110mm rounds... Maybe the projectile is different? Or loaded to different specs. I know the RT-20 is one of those funky "reciolless" sniper rifles... it has a tube above or on the side of the barrel in wich some of the powder charge travels through (just like any gas operated semi auto) but instead of operating the action... it just shoots it out the back of the tube into the air to counteract the reciol. Anyway... Any information on the 20x110mm Hispano caliber will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The 20x110 Hispano was originally an AAA round. And it was also one of the most widely used 20mm cannons on WW2 aircrafts.

Ehm..as far as I can remember, 2000gr projectile with a muzzle velocity of about 850m/s+. That should mean some 45-50000J at the muzzle....

I hope we get to see some pics!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant wait to see how loud this son of a B is.... :lol: Not to mention the backblast tube... i think ill have to wear a fire retardent blanket over my ass when i shoot this thing in the prone position :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
hehe damn that thing sounds like its god sum big B*lls on it, besure to grab us some pics there man.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We each got to shoot it 3 times.... since theres other guys in the pics i have ill have to clean them up so i can post the pics. Any one know any free programs for cleaning up pics... deleting parts of the pics... that sort of stuff?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info orbitalowl... i will have to check it out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any progress with the pictures?

Are you really allowed recoilles rifles in the states? Imagin the damage you could do with those "pills".. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts