Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for suggestions on a 1-6x scope or 1-8x that isn't a vortex
I'd prefer mil adjustments and non-BDC or cbq reticule, but it's not super important.
Asking to see if anyone knows of anything better
Thanks

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Why not a Vortex? The Razor II 1-6x is a great optic. Used by a bunch of 3 gun guys. I have had my two since they came out and they run great on my ARs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve got a few. I like my Trijicon 1-8, though the crosshairs are a bit thick on 8 power. My PA 1-6 is pretty good. Both are easier to use over my Burris 1.5-8, the center aiming dot and corresponding bdc dots are so small even at full magnification they blur together.

·
Vendor
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Argos BTR gonna work for you?
Illuminated AMPR reticle. This by far is the sharpest and clearest. Did tons of research on buyer's feedbacks and YouTube. Agreed that for the price you get it more for less.
At 100 yards X6 was spot on. Haven’t tried further yet but is X6 is the low end power so 1000 seems very reasonable. The only siginificant downside for the BTR is no zero stop. That is the only failure for this scope.

Oh it’s also a bit on the heavy side. But I guess it's not a big problem at least to me. I’m glad because my rifle has a composite stock. So it’s very light and some extra weight added some extra stability IMHO. Also gen 2 added brass washer gen 1 uses plastic washer set to help with zero stop ability. Not a true zero stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts