Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
You are looking to build one right? If so I would buy an action instead of the whole rifle. I have just ordered 3 Yugo mauser complete actions at 70 each plus shipping and transfer fee it came to about 80 each. The yugos are great for custom work as long as you keep a caliber in mind that is under 57mm length(ie 308 at 51mm). I should have mine next week and I wil post pics then.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
The quality of the Yugos is nice, I like them. I've seen the M48 and M24/47. I think the M24 is a standard length action and it had a smoother feel.

Yup, Mlammers is right about choosing the caliber...Also, be advised some stocks and all M98 bolts won't fit them either. The M48 action that is.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Sarco, has them for 69.99, plus the shipping and transfer fee will run you right at 80 or a little more. Muzzle is right the bolts are different length, and stocks are harder to locate, but small ring stocks are the right length, although you would have to open up the inletting quite a bit. Richards and Boyds make a wide variety of stocks for the M48 family. I am also waiting on info from Butler Creek on th e stocks they make for the Mark X mauser as it was made inthe same plant on the M48 machinery. I will keep you posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts