Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me slow but I just noticed that we have stickies for Tac Ops rifles, SC rifles, M14 rifles, and AR rifles. It seems we are missing one, LOSOK rifles, I mean lots of us here have some of Marks outstanding work. Lets show those off also. I'll start here is my LOSOK:

*updated*

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I'll bite. Here's a few pics of my LOSOK built .260 Rem., built on an M48a Yugo Mauser military action.

I can't argue with the results. The only thing I did to the rifle was hog out the stock, and clearcoat it.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
M700
Manners T4
Shaw #4
SS 10x

dom

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Dom, very sexy mate, very sexy. How much does it weigh?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Sorry for the delay. The rifle's kinda come together over time but here is what I can figure.

700ADL $375
Manners T4 (one stud, two flush cups) $425 [SH group buy]
ER SHAW #4 1-10" $150
Barrel install $100? (not sure)
Seekins hardware $200
Mk4 3.5-10 m1 $800
Bedded by me $50
Floormetal from mel $50

So +- $2100 is what it turns out. Caliber is .308 and weighs in at about 18lbs ready for the field.

dom

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Come on guys start posting those pics, i know Mark has cranked out a lot more rifles than that.

I will post mine when it arrives.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hypno, is that your name on the butler creek cover? I love that camo scheme by the way. Very nice. :)

Paul

·
Registered
525 Posts
insert picture here when I get time like when Im not driving across the country

bought this rifle from oneeyedmac actually not from losok but thats where he got it from. Or so mark claimed it was his work when we went shooting so thats good enough for me :wink: .

ok details:

This is a Losok .308 built on a Savage/Stevens Long action, it's in a Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock and has a Sharp Shooter
Supply target trigger that breaks at about 1 3/4 pounds when mel tested it at the SC clinic and is adjustable down to about 4 oz.. This rifle has a Lothar Walther Heavy 1:10 twist barrel and the barrel/action is painted Duracoat OD green. Mac painted the stock with a tiger stripe camo with Krylon. After shooting I can say that this is a .5 moa gun probally better I can only rarely hit the .5 mark. I will probally right up a review and post a link to it here once I get some more free time

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
NYC2007 said:
Hypno, is that your name on the butler creek cover? I love that camo scheme by the way. Very nice. :)

Paul
Yeah...I got bored. :wink:

dom

·
Registered
69 Posts
hypno said:
M700
Manners T4
Shaw #4
SS 10x

dom
Truly one of the sickest rifles Ive seen! I think my next rifle will be based off of this, The paint is very awesome, I really like the first picture, shows the rifle and a great landscape behind it.
I have the first Picture as my screensaver! hope you dont mind Hypno :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
rifle camouflage job. help needed!!!

Dom;

that is a nice camo job you did on your rig, I'm waiting on my new savave 10 FP law inforcement rifle with the HS stock and I'm thinking of doing a camouflage job to it, Utube has alot of how to do clips on this and I did my son's 22 (the stock only) and it came out great I will post the pics later is really late now,but maybe you can help me or any one out there that knows about this topic, I heard some bad reviews about the paint flaking or scraching off the barrel ,action and scope sometimes having to re touch the painted areas. I notice on the photos that some of the paint has flaked off on the edges on the scope caps, did you used some type of primer and has any paint flaked off on other areas of the rifle,I did notice that tactical rifles like the Savage 10 FD and Rem. sps for example come with a finish on the metal (I don't know how they call it) that maybe with primer and good paint may hold better than barrels with regular blueing, also have you heard of permanent camo by specialty something they say is better than Krilon or rustolium camo. Which one did you used on yours , I'm not sure to do just the stock and bipod or the whole gun.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts