Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
oneeyedmac said:
I was there when he test fired the rifle. He put round after round through the same hole at 100 yards with 37 year old greek surplus ammo.

You should have seen the look on the benchrest shooter's face as Mark did this. The guy had a BAT actioned chromed BR rifle built beautifully with a carbon fiber stock and all the goodies with handloads tuned to his rifle and Mark was outshooting him prone with no bipod. It was priceless.

This rifle is gorgous.
Simply awesome.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
mlammers said:
Its a Savage 10FP DM in a one of kind Hogue stock built to be tested and used on this rifle by the USAF sniper who employs it. The rifle also features a Lothar Walther barrel, McCann industries rail, vortex flash hider, and Sharp Shooter Supply trigger.

Mark, that looks just like the new Choate stock being made for the Savage, right down to the cheek piece, other than the paint of course.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
They must have finally put it in production, this one is about 2 years old I think, and was given to the owner to shoot and test and give Choate feedback on. Its a great stock and I would heartily recommend it if you can get one for the newer actions.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
mlammers said:
They must have finally put it in production, this one is about 2 years old I think, and was given to the owner to shoot and test and give Choate feedback on. Its a great stock and I would heartily recommend it if you can get one for the newer actions.
Any way to get that to work with a Remington? Or is it Savage/Stevens only there, Mark?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I dont know on that one, its a short action, so may make it for remmy it would be worth calling Choate to ask.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Mark just sent me this pic of my losok barreled action. The AR, I picked up from JBWeaponry. Mark is still working on the duracoat on the glass and stock. The mauser is getting a SS 10x42 and the AR is getting an aimpoint 9000sc. I can't wait to get my hands on these rifles!

·
Registered
265 Posts
whbonney26 said:
Im not digging the AR colors at all.
+1

the colors themselves arent my cup of tea but to each his own.

though, why the shiny paint for the pistol grip, handguards and stock?
seems a matte would be better for any application over a polished surface?

or am i wrong? :oops:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I felt the same way about the green on the AR. I asked Mark to camo them if it won't prolong shipping.

The losok is going in a MCS-T stock.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
CGRIFF said:
I felt the same way about the green on the AR. I asked Mark to camo them if it won't prolong shipping.

The losok is going in a MCS-T stock.
That ought to be pretty nice. I look forward to seeing it all finished up.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
whbonney26 said:
Im not digging the AR colors at all.
I dig em myself! Only thing is, I think that the stock, grip, and hanguards can use a little bit of breakup. That shiny paint is nothing some clear duracoat with some of their flattening agent can't fix. I have done that with some of my stuff, and the difference is CLEARLY night and day.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
They are getting coyote and brown camo over them, I just had not sprayed it yet when I took the pic, The flash of the camera makes it look glossier than it really is. That durcoat is WWII OD so its pretty matte.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
CGRIFF said:
So the big question is, when should I expect to get my greedy hands on it?
You just posted the pic's Mark sent you three days ago. You know he's working on it, so what is the point of continuing with these "When am I going to get my rifle" posts? It's getting old...

·
Registered
303 Posts
lonewolf said:
CGRIFF said:
So the big question is, when should I expect to get my greedy hands on it?
You just posted the pic's Mark sent you three days ago. You know he's working on it, so what is the point of continuing with these "When am I going to get my rifle" posts? It's getting old...
Sorry, I guess I'm just getting a little anxious. I'm sure you've been there before. When you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and everyday seems like an eternity.

I didn't mean any disrespect towards Mark. As a matter of fact, I told him that I completely understand that it's Christmas and his family is way more important than my rifle.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here's my 223

Bottom metal engraving.

Nice left handed rifle all for me!

That barrel's not going anywhere.

YES!!!! Mark does fantastic work. Now stop asking what kind of rifle to buy, and get yourself a LOSOK.

·
Registered
708 Posts
randycw,

Nice and the bolt is on the correct side too.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts