Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Nice rifle Randy. Mark does build some nice rifles. Shame about the bolt though, it just isnt right im my book.

·
Registered
97 Posts
NiceDay2 said:
Whats type of metal finish is that? Looks awesome by the way.
It is the Black Birdsong finish.

Also, thanks to all who have commented on it. I am truly pleased. I had it at the local shop today to get the bases shimmed (scope just couldn't quite clear). I attacked a decent crowd and about 6 people asked for Mark's contact information. Unfortunately I didn't have it on me, so I pointed them to this site and gave them my number. I hope to get a few business cards from Mark to hand out.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Going back through this thread, I realized I've never posted a pic of my LOSOK rifle here. It was one of LOSOK's very first rifles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
THat rifle is one of a special few, that I have really hated to see go out the door when they left. Below is another one, this one is the first one done in a new camo process, to me that is, film transfer. Its a Savage 10FP DM in a one of kind Hogue stock built to be tested and used on this rifle by the USAF sniper who employs it. The rifle also features a Lothar Walther barrel, McCann industries rail, vortex flash hider, and Sharp Shooter Supply trigger.

thats some beautiful cammo...wouldnt mind if i replicated it for some random testing would you?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Close to completion are my two K98s a 1938 S/243 and a bcd4 long side rail sniper. Mark said they will look like new. In my opinion that means they will look better than when they were issed to the Wehrmacht. Mark always does a 125% job. Pictures will be available shortly. We did a good bit of research and study to put these together. I should say Mark and his father did all the work and I was just part of the research.

Mike

·
Registered
303 Posts
Here are a few more pics of my rifle.

The only complaint I have now is the bolt. I'm going to send it to Matt when I get some time to get a Tac Ops bolt knob put on. Then I'm going to see if I can get the bolt finished in birdsong brown or tan.

And here is a little family photo

When I send the bolt to birdsong, I'll probably send the 1911 also. I'm just trying to decide wether or not to have a little work done to it first.

·
Registered
42 Posts
LOSOK Rifle My first rifle...ever

Through this board I found LOSOK
You will see the pics below and also the targets as I have finally had time to zero the scope...
30-06 ammo 150 grain Boat tail full metal jacket

groups are pretty good. Not being tighter is more a function of the shooter than the rifle in my opinion

[/img]

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
The groups may be a function of the ammo. What twist is the barrel. 150 is pretty light for a .30-06. Try it with some heavier match bullets

·
Registered
42 Posts
thanks

i do have a few rounds of other ammo. 180 and 210 grains if memory serves (too lazy to go to the safe to check right now) I will still leave a large portion of those spreads to shooter lack of experience.
This is my first rifle. A lot to learn still, like technique etc... also just the width of the scope reticle cross hair is so thick that I have not figured the best way to compensate for it... add to that the fact that the scope has been mounted by eye and has not been made true via spirit level or by other means... although I doubt the 100 yard range will be affected too much by this.

so.... thanks for the encouragement and I will try some heavier stuff... when I get back to the range....

Have a happy safe and prosperous New Year!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have had no luck trying to get hold of him , maybe this will get thru to him .

I have tryed PMs ( no luck , they use to work ) , and even posted a letter ( snail mail ) , no response ..

He has a original Parker Hale M85 scope mount , and I paided for a new 30mm version of that mount , been waiting a while now .

Much longer and it will be 2 yrs .

Hopefully some one can relay this too him , so I can get my stuff back .

Later Chris

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Well seeing as I started this thread I'll add a little more to this. However I do want to make something perfectly clear. I am NOT calling Mark out nor am I going to but anything here that I have not already discussed with Mark.

So back in April 2008 I placed my second order with Mark. This time it was for a 338 LM what was going to serve as my dedicated ELR rig. I placed this order after my previous rifle (the one at the begining of this thread) turned out so well. Also when I placed this order I specifically asked if it could be completed by the end of the year. To which I was told it could.

So I told Mark to proceed with the project. Shortly after the start of the project is when Barney Lawton was diagnosed with cancer. Thus the barreled action that was order from Lawton was severely delayed. However I can understand this. So we wait and wait some more and the barreled action finally arrives. During our waiting period I got Mark the Seekins Bottom Metal. And since I have been sent Mark the remaining balance and a Premier scope. Well at this point I have somewhere around $6000 tied up in the project and 27 months, but no rifle. Now I will say that there was some custom stock work and I requested that the scope be sent to Premier for service during this time. However I am still at 27 months for this project.

To say the least I am very frustrated and out of patience. I mean I understand somethings are out of Marks control and delays happen with custom work. But with 27 months I could have setup a building, bought a lathe, learned to use said lathe, and built the rifle myself. Thus I can no longer in good conscious recommend Mark as a business man. Don't get me wrong I have no issue with his work, competency, and (unlike many) his communication. My issue is simply with the complete inablity of Mark to keep anything close to an accurate time table.

In short I am hoping to one day be able to show off a second amazing creation by LOSOK. However this may or may not be in the near future. Thus my frustration. Also despite my frustration I still have respect for Mark on a personal level and consider him a friend. But in business terms I simply can not continue to offer the same level of support I have in the past for the company.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Took the Losok 30-06 out today to shoot some paper. Load data as follows:

Rem brass
Rem primers
48.5 grs of IMR 4320
168 gr. Hornady HPBT match

This thing shoots like a champ. I am very very very happy with Marks work.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts