Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a bit of help. Trying to help a family member find a M107a1 in a standard black finish. Most everywhere I look it is around 12,000 naked. Does anyone happen to know of a reputable dealer that may have one on sale right now?

·
Registered
5,219 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Looking for a bit of help. Trying to help a family member find a M107a1 in a standard black finish. Most everywhere I look it is around 12,000 naked. Does anyone happen to know of a reputable dealer that may have one on sale right now?
Just a quick question, why the interest in an m107? That rifle couldn't hit water if you threw it out of a boat. He can get a desert tech HTI for a heck of a lot cheaper and get a $4000 optic for the price of one of those.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I am with superman though too. There are much higher quality 50 cal's out there for the same price.

Look into the Desert Tech (as superman said), Accuracy International (if you don't mind a longer rifle), and McMillian Tac 50 if you like conventional rifles. any one of these will by far out preform the Barrett in the accuracy department. I have shot a barrett 50 cal before and was very unimpressed with the accuracy...even shooting $7/round 750gr hornady match. About all it would do is 2 1/2 moa at 300 yards. That translates into about a two foot circle at 1,000, and over 3 feet at 1,500 yards if every other condition is perfect. That is not even "minute of man" so to say...maybe "minute of tank".

Reactions: superman1216

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
That's why the Barrett was specifically designed for anti-material. When you need to get 10 .50 cal rounds on a vehicle in an expedited manner, the Barrett fits the bill. Other than that, it's a really expensive door stop.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback guys. Not sure why he has an interest in the m107 as he already has several nice bolt .50's. Just says it's his dream gun. I prefer bolts and single shots myself unless talking about handguns or rimfires but thats another forum altogether.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I have a Brand New one, probably the last one in America available for purchase. Its a 2020 M107A1, 29 inch bbl in standard black finish. It is 5lbs lighter than its predecessor, has lots of titanium parts. Its all original, never fired, still in plastic in the Pelican case, no blemishes, no issues. I bought it for "just in case" but can use the funds for more pressing matters right now. First $15k takes it. thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts