Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased my first M1A back in November 2015. It's just a standard but I modded it to be a DMR. However, I already want a second M1A and I'd like to get an M1A Loaded and swap everything over to it for a slightly more accurate DMR then convert my M1A Standard back to just a battle rifle with probably nothing more than a micro red dot sight.

20170316_125956(0).jpg
20170316_130129.jpg

Springfield M1A Standard with OD Green synthetic stock
larger, tactical mag release lever
larger, tactical bolt catch lever
Troy M14 Battlerail
Leupold Mark 4 Tactical 4.5-14x40 mil-dot scope with Leupold Mark 4 high rings
USCG compensator
Harris 6-9" canting bi-pod
Voodoo Tactical cheek rest
Burris Fastfire III micro red dot w/ 45-degree mount (on order)

·
Registered
2 Posts
showgirls.jpg

My M14 Service Rifles all bedded in McMillan M1A stocks

gears.jpg deers.jpg

Not my primary hunting rig but gets the job done. Its worn that 2.5-10x IOR scope for 10 years except for the fact at 2.5 it vignettes, it has been a good scope.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Another Smith Enterprise build with mostly USGI Winchester parts on a Poly Tech receiver in a birch Winchester stock.

How do you guys feel about .260 Remington from the M14 rifle?

I received this email from Ron Smith yesterday:
We have partnered with Hart Barrels to bring a new medium weight 416 stainless barrel to the M14. It is available in the .260 Remington version and the .308 version. All barrels are made to Smith Enterprise's proprietary specifications.

Our .308 barrel is our new 1 turn in 10 with 5 groove left hand twist exclusively for Smith Enterprise from Hart Barrels. The barrels will be marked " SMITH&HART.

221 - 227 of 227 Posts