Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know where i can buy componenets to build a M21 from scratch? or what would be the best way to get a complete rifle to canada. i really dont want to have to deal with customs as they will most definatly have a problem allowing a semi auto rifle into canada.

·
Registered
571 Posts
My suggestion is that you do not ask for advice on how to break laws while you're on these forums. It will keep everything just that much nicer.

·
Registered
524 Posts
!

Im not familiar with Canada's laws in reguards to semi auto's. Check with local gun stores or police agencies where you live first. Trying to get a un-documented weapon from the US to Canada is a felony for both countries. If your that set on getting one move to a place that allows ownership of one. I know many firearms collectors that move to different states in the US just so they can own such weapons, anyone who tries otherwise is just asking for bad things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nono the weapon isnt illegal, ive imports a number of high power air guns from the US (i shoot competitivly) and customs has seixed 1 and held one for over a year before delivering it. i just dont want the hassle. i figure if i have to get the rifle in peices from the states it may be easier.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's still illegal. You're looking at jail time if you do. Just call customs every day and complain. Not too much else you can do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if its illegal to buy componenets for a rifle form the states i guess im out of luck as i have foun no vendors for M14/m21 components in canada

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try Wolverine Supplies in Manitoba:

http://www3.mb.sympatico.ca/~jhipwell/

Armalite Inc – lists them as their authorized dealer for Canada so they should be a good company, although I have never purchased anything from them. Springfield Armory products are listed on their site. Maybe you can get an M21 from them. Let me know if it works out.[/url]

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Wingmaster said:
if its illegal to buy componenets for a rifle form the states i guess im out of luck as i have foun no vendors for M14/m21 components in canada
It's illegal to try to get through customs without informing them of these parts, not buying them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i finally found a vendor that can get me a complete M21 from springfield armory. now i heard that the rifles that SA produces have some shotty componenets, is that true and also what kind of accuracy can i expect from this rifle out of the box? ....it better be good for the price i am going to pay :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts