Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda playin with the idea of building a custom Moison M44 Scout rifle. It wouldn't cost very much and I was thinking of getting one anyway. How is the accuracy and can I get it converted to anything besides 7.62x54R? Also, I saw a flash hider for a Swedish sniper Mauser in a magazine. Could I thread the muzzel and put on a Moison?

Even if the accuracy is sorry, it's probably fine for the hunting and plinking that I'll be doing with it.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we are talking about the same rifle, almost. The M44 is basically a shortened Mosin Nagant rifle. Sorry for the spelling. I'll try to figure out how to get a pic on the post.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, got a couple questions:

First, I would like to have a synthethic stock. I know Advaced Technologies makes a Mosin stock. Does anyone know how good they are and are there any better ones available at a reasonable price?

Second, I need a good (not neccesarily great) long eye relief scope. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Third, where could I get the rifle headspaced or could I just do it myself?

I've seen some MN carbines that were new in the wrapper. Would they be in adaquate condition or do I still need to check them out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.