Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I just setup my new Magnetospeed V3 and MK Machining Gen III mount combo on my LWRC M6A3. No disturbing the barrel harmonics with this setup vs the standard mount method. I hope to get to the range tomorrow or Friday and test it out.

Tim
I attach my bayonet to my can and I don't get a change in POI with or without bayonet attached.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've gone out a couple of times with the Magnetospeed V3 and I have zero complaints. I do not know if my AR would experience any POI shift or not had I mounted to the suppressor but being able to turn one allen screw and install/remove with repeatable alignment is worth the cost of the MK Machining piece to me. I couldn't go back to my CED M2 after using this.

Tim

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've attached my Magnetospeed V3 to my 26" Krieger .308 barrel (with break) and get a POI vertical shift at 3 MOA. And though I get that vertical shift, I still get good groups (like .320 - .425") as I do when it's not mounted on the barrel.

When I had the shorter factory barrel on my RPR, I had a mount for my Magnetospeed that attached to the hand guard so that there'd be no POI shift.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I thought about it, too. The mounting thing. Then I sold the V3 and replaced it with LabRadar. I am soooooooooooooooooo happy that I spent little extra. No more fussing around mounting it and verifying it. No more reconfirming the POI.

But, I have to say. V3 has served me good.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Part of the issue with hanging it on the barrel is that it changes the harmonics of the barrel. POI is not a big deal, but load development is not going to be accurate with a weight hanging on the end of the barrel.

Reactions: gpark09

·
Registered
566 Posts
Part of the issue with hanging it on the barrel is that it changes the harmonics of the barrel. POI is not a big deal, but load development is not going to be accurate with a weight hanging on the end of the barrel.
Hmmmm??? Many shooters say you don't need a chronograph at all to do good load development, huh??? :confused:

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I follow Orkan’s outlined method of load development. He recommends verifying speed either only after load development, or verify speed with a few pieces of brass 1/2 grain apart until pressure is seen. Then do load development without chrono and verify speed on chosen load. Works well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts