Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been shopping for a simple nylon sling recently? I'm not talking about a fancy leather sling for long range shooting, but a simple nylon web sling. Something for that cheap .22, SKS, Mini-14 or AR-15.

Well the price of simple nylon web slings was too much for my frugal blood. So I decided to make my own. ( My own sling, not my own blood )

I found nylon webbing at my local hardware store for 15 cents a foot. I also bought two sturdy plastic buckles for less than two bucks.

I cut the webbing to the proper length and I used the flame from a lighter to stop the ends from fraying. Result? One perfectly usable nylon websling for my .22.

I'm cheap, but I'm also quite

Mad

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I'v e done the same thing and it works great.

·
Registered
365 Posts
im trying to make a sling for my Powerline 880 air rifle. I gotta attach one end on the sling some how, and the other right at the edge of t he handle

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
hey corvette.... for the powerline, ever try to see if u can use a three point tactical sling like the new ones for the M16/M4s? i have used em with the rifle and they work pretty good, might do the trick for you on the powerline... the good slings don't use clips, they just use heavy velcro and wraps on itself. Good luck on going to the 0300... current 0351 myself. Work hard, run alot and you will do fine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey thanks for that info. I'll buy myself one real soon. Ahh velcro and no clips, will work lilke a charm!

Assaultman! How much fun do you have on that job? :)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
depends... are we in the field or not? j/k, it isn't bad - lots of details to know about alot of very different things - from explosives to traps to vehicle id to breaching buildings - but over all if your gonna go infantry... i couldn't go any other way. small teams, tight family - an i'm not a sponge, haha. but good luck to ya. and i hope the sling works for ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts