Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided that Im going to be getting a Manners stock for my Savage 110fp 300mag. This rifle will primarily be used as my long range hunting rifle and some target shooting. I am torn between the Manners T and the T1 stock. I like the looks of the T1 better but the T is cheaper and I think it would be more comfortable to hunt with. What do you guys think? Would the T1 be just as comfortable to hunt with as the T? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a T-4 Non-Adjustable

I don't have the T or T-1, I have the T-4. My advice would be to call Tom and talk with him. This is an entrepreneurial effort, and when you call the number on the web site you get none other than Tom Manners. I knew little to nothing about tactical stocks when I spoke to him and he was very quick to gauge my technical ability and determine the best way to deliver the stock to me, so that it was usable on Day 1.

My T-4 is so solid that if I ran out of bullets, I could use it as a bat. I doubt you will go wrong with either choice. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Of all the stocks Manners offers the T3 is my favorite. It has a more traditional palm swell while still offering good gripping surface. However from the stocks you listed I think I would go with the T just because of the forend. That squared up forend isn't the most comfortable when shooting off hand or when shooting off shooting sticks. Now if the rifle is going to be used more shooting from prone and bipod the T1 would make a better choice.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have an MCS-T1 on my Savage 110... They make a great stock, plain and simple.

As for hunting it depends... The T1 is great for varmint hunting but not fun for hiking up mountains and shooting offhand, it's really up to what you like best.

-Eric

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone handled the stockade stocks? They seem pretty nice and a little cheaper too.

Emorse, that's what I was thinking about the T1 and why I am looking at the T because I think it would be a little more convenient for hunting.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I do not know anything about the Manners stocks so this is not any kind of comparison, but I do have a mdl10fp in a Stockade Prairie Dog and it is really comfortable. Nice grip that puts my finger right on the trigger.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you go that way you may want to discuss with them adding some weight to it, especially for 300 winmag. I originally bought mine when my rifle had a 308win barrel on it. In its standard weight it is somewhat light and I regretted not having them make it heavier. Now the rifle is a 260rem and the stock is much better suited for it. I went with all the options,ie: adjustable buttplate, adjustable cheek and the accessorie rail. I think the one thing I would not do without is the buttplate.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Longshot38 said:
That squared up forend isn't the most comfortable when shooting off hand or when shooting off shooting sticks.
Just for clarification, the T and T1 both have square forends. I have the T4 and love it.

90% carbon fiber T4 would make a sweet hunting rifle stock. Then again mine's a heavy fill and it still works good. :wink:

dom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts