Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Unless it's a trick question, Mark 4 Series are variable power scopes and Mark 4 Fixed is, just like the name said, fixed 10 power scope.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless it's a trick question, Mark 4 Series are variable power scopes and Mark 4 Fixed is, just like the name said, fixed 10 power scope.
Heard over the years that fixed power MK4 scopes where builder stronger somewhat than the otheres.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Heard over the years that fixed power MK4 scopes where builder stronger somewhat than the otheres.
I wish I have a 100% solid information on it, but my guess is that can be somewhat true due to the fact that fixed power scope has less parts than variable. Less number of lenses and no need to worry about the parallax adjustment. Simpler tools has less chance to breakdown. Otherwise, I don't think fixed power production line is any different than variable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most of the time fixed power scopes has better optics and crisper images since they don’t have moving parts. Also with a fixed power and SFP you don’t have to worry about what power you are actually at and it you are maxed out or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Mark IV, circa 2001-2002 vintage, fixed 16x with Mil-Dot reticle. At the time they were considered desireable because they were reputed to be very rugged, and had more internal adjustment than other scopes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts