Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Well i had a question on the Mauser CZ model VZ24 8mm i was wondering if its a good gun. Do any companys make optics for it and if anyone has any other general info on it thatd be great.

Thanks,
Zeke

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
as far as the gun goes, I would say its probably a decent rifle. CZ has always produced really accurate rifles with really shitty triggers...lol

As far as optics, you can mount just about any scope on any rifle. Leupold, Nikon, Meuller, Zeiss, and Burris are all great places to start looking.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
not only the weight of the pull, but the smoothness of the pull, how much take up, how clean it breaks, and the over travel all combined determine the quality of a trigger. The CZ triggers have been pretty "rough"

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
it might only be 2 and a half lbs, but like mel said... its got so much damn creep and it breaks like a rubber band.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
A competent gunsmith will generally do it for 35-55 dollars...
If your in georgia then bring it by and ill clean it up for you. Basically it involves polishing the trigger sear and changing some parts around.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Look in the Brownell's catalogue.

http://www.brownells.com

There are lots of aftermarket adjustable Mauser triggers for sale in the Brownells catalogue.

And Leupold makes scope mounts etc for Mausers too. And you can buy replacement safeties that allow for scope mounting. And also replacement bolt handles.

The fact is that the Czech made Mausers are among the very best. There is no reason not to build a rifle on that action. You can even find barrels for your gun in the Brownells catalogue. If you phone them at 800-741-0015, they will send you your own catalogue.

Mad

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet stuff thatll help alot so far ive heard alot of good things about mausers. today i went out and shot a springfield 1903 A3 an ar15 and some pistols that was my first time shooting anything other than a .22 and let me tell you it rocked it was so fun. thanks for the helpfull site also.

Thanks
Zeke

o ya whats the maximum affective range of the 8mm?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
mabye more like 900m. i just dont like the 8mm round.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Check out the Sieera 200 grain Match King in 8mm caliber.

It featues a ballistics coefficient of .520.

I bet that would make a good long range performer. In an 8mm Mauser, you could launch that round at about 2500 fps.

Mad.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well this weekend a buddy of mine is letting me borrow the a mauser VZ model 24 to let me shoot it before i purchase one to let me see how much they kick and well just to let me see how it is in general. but i had another question for you guys. To build a rifle Where can i go to find all the parts ill need like i know i can buy a stock but like the barrel i dont ever get any sites that are dedicated to selling a barrel they do custom builds and also like the other components. Is there a site that sells everything individually or somthing? just wondering about this stuff

Thanks
Zeke

1 - 20 of 54 Posts