Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking through the 2003 Nikon catologue at the Max Internal Adjustment for thier Tactical scopes. The 2.5-10X44 has 85MOA of adjustment and the 4-16X50 has only 50MOA of adjustment. Could someone explain to me why 2 scopes with 30mm tubes have diferent adjustment :?:

Also another thing the difference in Objective diamater and objective O.D :?: The objective diamater 44mm has an Objective O.D of 53.1mm and the Objective diamater 50mm has an Objective O.D of 55.9mm.

I would have thaught they would correlate :?

Mulga

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I understand your concern about the internal adjustment levels, but remember that the magnification and other parts in the scope effect the internal adjustments.

The 4-14x40mm, that 40mm refers to the lens only diameter, not the diameter of tube on the outside, which is what it sounds like you are measuring.

MEL

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mele your right, yeh it must relate to the magnification setting and [email protected] the 10 X is 85moa (FOV 37.7 ft)and at 16x there is 50moa (FOV 26.2). basically the higher the magnification the less MOA adjustment there is even thought the physical internal movement of the reticule is the same.

Cheers

Mulga :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts