Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you ever owned a McMillan Baker Special? I like the look of it but I am interested in functionality most of all. I tend to only shoot from the prone and from a bag rest so it seems like a good choice. Also I have only seen two pictures of it (the TacOps Alpha and one on the McMillan site) so if you have any pictures please post them. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I have not owned, but have handled. Its a good target stock, which translates to a good prone shooting stock for tactical situations. Its hard to compare one stock to another because each one fits everyone a little different.

For those of you that have not seen the alpha series from tac-ops

MEL

·
Registered
777 Posts
That, to me, is almost the Vision of the perfect bolt action. I'd like to handle a Baker Special stock to see how well it fits before I plunk down $4,000 plus, but I hope to eventually have an Alpha series in my future. Make mine the .308, with the 24 inch stainless barrel, 3 way buttplate instead of the spacers, and omit the grip texturing.

A man can dream can't he? :wink:

Heres another pic of a custom rifle in a Baker Special Stock, give the pictures a second to load, and scroll down a little bit, the fifth from the top I believe, just look for the adjustable buttplate.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 941&page=5

It's a monster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts