Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
This is the Soldier who killed around 100 enemy with an M-2 .50 caliber machinegun while under a major enemy attack... he single handedly took on a company sized enemy unit... giving his fellow soldiers enough time to call in for resupply and reinforcements. Unfortinatly... while reloading a belt of ammo... he was struck in the head by an enemy bullet. He deffinitly deserves it...

BC

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I remember seeing this on the news back then. Must've been the same day or the next. His family and friends should be proud to have known a man like that, though it probably was tough to realize it at the time. Good man, definately.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I give that last comment a big "errrrrr".

·
Registered
253 Posts
i was at the Baghdad International Airport on 04APR03. SFC Smith was the platoon sergeant for one of the engineer platoons that were attached to my battalion (2-7 IN (M)). i didn't know him well, but what was said about him was that not only then, but always, he took care of his soldiers. it was said that he was an outstanding NCO that always put his soldiers before himself. this man always led by example and was what ever soldier should strive to be.

God Bless and Amen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts