Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Mele, Now that you are the big man with the FFL what would you charge (if you are interested) to re-barrel an action (if I can find the dang 7mm mauser action) just like the one you did? I can handle the sandblasting, gun-kote, stock fitting work - just not the barrel and headspace stuff.

Another thing......where in the heck can I find a Turkish Mauser in 7mm???? Looked everywhere..........can only find something in 8mm?? Is there a specific name to this rifle or model number? Any online stores? Anything??????

Is anyone else going to attempt a project like this? OR have some of you done something like this in the past and want to tell us about it ???

Thanks Mele, I really like what you did. Looks like it would be a low cost way to add the 6.5x55 to the safe & a great little hunting rifle. Like you, I believe in brining up a child like you are doing, good job!! ( I am a product of a father like you and I did not turn out tooooo bad :wink: )

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK........now I have more questions!!

After a short search on ebay for "mauser barrel" I am getting a little excited. They have barrels from Remingtion, Ruger, Douglas, ect,ect,ect. Found them from 243, 257 mag, 270, 30-06, 300win. mag (?). So my question now is what is the limit that one can do with these old actions? Anyone know of some good websites I can read about the old mausers??

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK... I am now looking for a Swedish Mauser, model 96. I can not find any that match that description, most of what I find are the Model 98. Any ideas on where to find one??

Just to make sure I am on target.

Swedish model 96 - takes small ring barrel (what I need to do a 6.5X55)

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!! Great info!!

madgunsmith,
I am looking for the M1893 carbine action and I am not able to find it on their website (can you give me a part number?), I found the barrels (thanks!!). One MAJOR question I have is......According to an article I just read they state that "some" of the M1893 actions were not "re-heat" treated and therefore not recomended for re-barreling :shock: . Said that the suitable ones where "re-heat" treated in 1938 +/-. Can you shine a little light on this??? All I want is a 6.5x55. I do not reload (yet), so my ammo will have to be over the counter. I believe nitrex makes some right now.

Another question - Does the trigger group come with the M1893 actions?

Thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will now start buying up the parts to complete this little jewell! Now that I know exactly what to buy!!!! Thanks guys!!

*on a side note - I just posted a few picks of a couple of my rifles on the gallery page

1 - 5 of 5 Posts