Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
9,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I had to kind of cheat on this one for times sake and just used the pic from my review on this rifle on the page, but I must keep everyone happy!! :D

Here is the CZ 527 in .223 I have. I reviewed it for the page and have held on to it so far. The review can be found here: http://www.snipercentral.com/cz527.htm

This little CZ is topped with a Burris Fullfield 3-9x with the ballistiplex reticle. I'm keeping this rifle around as a .223 shooter. Everyone needs a .223 right? I plan to break the kids in to big bore shooting with this little guy. Recoil is mild, and its a good .75 MOA rifle with surplus 55gr ammo. The detach mag is pretty slick, the trigger is pretty rough. It has a set trigger (by pushing the trigger forward) which I never use. Too light, and makes a long reach for the trigger. The standard trigger has a long pull with some notchiness. Overall, a decent rifle, though a bit pricey at $600+

MEL

· Premium Member
9,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I own it. When I can, I like to buy the rifles I review from off the shelf, insures no "media ringers". But for high end tactical rifles, the SC budget doesn't allow for a purchase... so I get media review rifles.

MEL

· Premium Member
9,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Muzzleblast said:
You gotta wonder about review in things like gun magazines...Do they really just pull a rifle at random and ship it off to "Guns monthly" or whoever to review? I dunno...Hard to belive ALL of what you read in the same magazine when the guy who is reviewing the new Remington...is reviewing it on a free hunt that Remington payed for and accompanied by Rem PR people lol.

Yep, very true. Thats the reason I like to buy them off the rack. (when the company can afford it). You know you are getting a true production rifle that way. Perhaps someday we'll be able to do that with all the rifles we review, then we would be certain to have unbiased and accurate rifle reporting....

MEL

· Premium Member
9,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In terms of the SC rifles, yeah, I could probably push and expose them much more, but I want to take it nice and slow. The pace of sells is about what I want, allowing me to perfect the process and grow new models slowly. The SC3 I am very excited about. The SC2 model will be interesting and I'm still working out the numbers on it to see if it'll really work or not.

MEL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.