Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know its been a while, so here is the next installment of "Mel's Stuff"

This is a nice little marlin .22 WMR. Its topped with a Tasco Pronghorn fixed 4x32mm. Believe it or not, this is a nice and fun little package. In fact, It'll shoot 1.5-2 MOA at 100y (give or take). Not bad for a rimfire.

Like all my guns, there is a story. My wife bought this gun for me when we were still going to college. I believe it was $132 and she had to put it on layaway for months in order to afford it. She gave it to me at Christmas. I put the cheap scope on it later. We were only married for 2 years at that point, and we were dirt poor.... I knew my wife was a keeper before that, but she sure reassured it at that point!!

MEL

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great looking Marlin mele... i always eagerly await your new installments of "mel's stuff"... Those things cost an arm and a leg here in the Philippines... :(

my wife's almost convinced to allow me to get my own rifle... still dishing out news articles about responsible and legal gun ownership at her... even used caver101's signature on her... hehe... hope you dont mind caver101... needless to say, i got conked on the head... hehe... :lol:

·
Registered
152 Posts
yer im liking the mels stuff instalments, my ex loved to go hunting and the 1st time i took her there she outshot me, turned out her whole family were involved in smallbore shooting, her dad and sister are regional champs, and she was well into the comp shooting. I had the marlin 22mag 882ssv as my first rifle, which i saved up for for months. I consistantly shot possums and wallabies out to 150meters with it. Here in new zealand its got a pricetag of somewhere in the reigon of 1100, for the rifle now.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, its a fun little rifle. Great for the kids, and with the 4x, its a fun little target plinker.

MEL

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it seems all my guns have some story about them.... makes it hard to ever get rid of them!!

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
lol yup! :D

I try to tell myself "They're all tools in a toolbox, for different jobs"...

Helps me justify

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
m_a_c_e_3 said:
Great looking Marlin mele... i always eagerly await your new installments of "mel's stuff"... Those things cost an arm and a leg here in the Philippines... :(

my wife's almost convinced to allow me to get my own rifle... still dishing out news articles about responsible and legal gun ownership at her... even used caver101's signature on her... hehe... hope you dont mind caver101... needless to say, i got conked on the head... hehe... :lol:
I don't mind at all, use what ever tactics (legal tactics :wink: ) you need to get that rifle! And I hope you get it soon.

Nice rifle mel, they mean more with a story behind them. Some of mine have a story...................."Oh no baby, this is the same one I have had for years".........(My father was a good teacher) :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
caver101 said:
Nice rifle mel, they mean more with a story behind them. Some of mine have a story...................."Oh no baby, this is the same one I have had for years".........(My father was a good teacher) :lol:
:lol:

LOL Man, you guys kill me sometimes...

MEL

·
Registered
383 Posts
Doesn't work if she balances the checkbook and pays the bills im afraid :(

"Where did this $3,000 TV come from?"

"Um, I love you?"

Aparently, this does not suffice.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
subThermal said:
Doesn't work if she balances the checkbook and pays the bills im afraid :(

"Where did this $3,000 TV come from?"

"Um, I love you?"

Aparently, this does not suffice.
OH I agree..........It does not work all of the time! It is only on very rare ocations that I sneek something in........for the most part she is open to me and my(her) guns, better that I spend my time and money on something that has a value and it keeps me out of trouble :wink: . I admit I am lucky to have a wife like her.

·
Registered
347 Posts
m_a_c_e_3 said:
if a woman ever got between me and guns/shooting/hunting the situation would somewhat resemble the Brad Paisley song ...I'm gunna miss her when I get home. ;)

·
Registered
522 Posts
caver101 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is classic.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I figure the only three words we need after marriage are:

"Oh. Right. Sorry."

"Where'd this $1500 dollar rifle come from?"
"Oh?"
"You bought it."
"Right."
"It's $1500."
"Sorry."

"The grass isn't cut."
"Oh?"
"Because you're a lazy slob."
"Right."
*Two seconds pass.*
"Sorry."

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
AK said:
I figure the only three words we need after marriage are:

"Oh. Right. Sorry."

"Where'd this $1500 dollar rifle come from?"
"Oh?"
"You bought it."
"Right."
"It's $1500."
"Sorry."

"The grass isn't cut."
"Oh?"
"Because you're a lazy slob."
"Right."
*Two seconds pass.*
"Sorry."

I will have to use it..........hope you don't mind! (my 50bmg is on the way :wink: )

·
Registered
576 Posts
"What the Hell is that?"
"Oh?"
"That! Giant! Rifle!"
"Right. Sorry."

Go right ahead. It's John Wing, actually, and since he was on the Comedy Network with it, I figure he wanted that to be used over and over by some imitative little Canadian bastard. (Myself. For the record.) :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts