Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got the scope mounted and the case fitted for Mercedes...

I shot 5 rounds through her the other day, but I did a lousy job of mounting the scope and it slipped - so will have to get back out to re-zero next week.

Also here is one of my Glock 22

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Nice Rifle!!! .... as for the combat tupper ware... *silence....* :wink:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Nice lookin' rig. Hope you two are happy together. :wink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bead Drawer said:
One slick looking rifle genen, how much weight does the carbon fiber barrel save on the fully loaded rig?
Well it's 11lbs in a 26 in barrel - so it saves a little bit, but not much - the barrel is about 1.25 in in diameter, so there is a lot of carbon!

The pelican case is about 15lb though :-( so it's definitly more of an airport case than normal rifle case.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
It looks like you have your bolt in your gun. I didn't see a space cut out for it either. Isn't it better to transport bolt rifles with the bolt pulled out?

John

·
Registered
114 Posts
im curious jrp3 why would you travel with your bolt out. i have that kolpin case for my 270 win savage and i travel with my bolt in. is that bad.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I just figured it was safer that way. I have a space cut into the foam that the bolt is held in. Depending on the case you have it may or may not matter, if the handle is banged I would think there is potential for some loss in accuracy, or damage if smacked hard enough. Maybe I am just paranoid, but the rifles I have seen that ship from the supplier have the bolt out, of course most of their shipping packages are pretty minimal.

I think TacOps drag bag even has a seperate pouch that is meant to hold the bolt for transport.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts