Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carlos Hathcock at Quantico. For purposes here, He goes by "Irish", a nickname. It just kinda came up in a conversation about his 10 years serving the 4th richest man in the world, Mr. Ludwig, as his personal body guard. He got that job because he was refered by his friends in the Beverly Hills P.D.

Shooting is not a big part of his life anymore, but I might be able to get him up to our Gun Club. :wink:

He has a lot of admiration for Carlos Hathcock. He told me a few short stories. It was pretty cool. He lives in my County, we're going to hook up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No responses?

To clarify, Irish went into the Marines after Vietnam was over. That's when GySgt. Hathcock was back at Quantico as an Instructor.

After the Marines, Irish played In the NFL for the Cardinals, for seven years. Then he did the bodyguard stuff.

What impressed me the most was this man infectious enthusiasm for life. He is currently going for his Masters in Eduction, so he can teach at a H.S. in the County. He is the head football coach at this H.S. as of now.

No bad ass attitude...just enthusiasm. Semper Fi!! :D
What a role model!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Does this man known as "Irish" run a USMC-JROTC program in the Southern California area? A retired Lt Col? If so... let me know. :) I know a retired Lt Col who fits that profile 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts