Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MILITARY SNIPER MOTTO " ONE SHOT ONE KILL. DO THEY ALSO SAY "ONE AND DONE" ARE THERE OTHER SIMILAR MOTTOS . ARE THERE OTHER MOTTOS MILITARY SNIPERS USE THAT DONT HAVE TO DO WITH "ONE SHOT ONE KILL.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My experience has been from 2 marines and 1 army reserve that are all neighbors is they will "protect eachother and not the truth" i don't know if its just lack of morals on their behalf or that is just typical "brothers in arms " code.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
My experience has been from 2 marines and 1 army reserve that are all neighbors is they will "protect eachother and not the truth" i don't know if its just lack of morals on their behalf or that is just typical "brothers in arms " code.
8 years in the Army both enlisted and commissioned ..... never heard that said. Of course, that was back in Vietnam, 60s-70s. But, considering some of the dishonesty of the leadership in the higher ranks as we wound down after Nam, it might have been true but unspoken back then. And with some of the idiocy that I read and hear of in the various branches of late, that may well be also the way things are today.

·
Registered
708 Posts
8 years in the Army both enlisted and commissioned ..... never heard that said. Of course, that was back in Vietnam, 60s-70s. But, considering some of the dishonesty of the leadership in the higher ranks as we wound down after Nam, it might have been true but unspoken back then. And with some of the idiocy that I read and hear of in the various branches of late, that may well be also the way things are today.
I think it is, I hope im wrong. My dad was a Korean war vet and he ALWAYS said, God, constitution, do whats right and tell the truth and face the consequences.
These 3 im speaking of are definitely of the newer generation and I know their way would make him sad.

·
Registered
6 Posts

We had each other’s back in combat but if there was wrong doing, it was reported up the CofC. Although, when a newbie fell asleep on radio watch after he got loaded on grass, I had to explain to the CO what happened. I told him the truth and he took the offenders rifle and found it had no bullets and his mags were empty. He did say “ you should have shot the sob now I have to fill out a lot of paperwork. He was later court martial Ed and given a year in Long Binh jailslk “ bad time!

·
Registered
708 Posts
We had each other’s back in combat but if there was wrong doing, it was reported up the CofC. Although, when a newbie fell asleep on radio watch after he got loaded on grass, I had to explain to the CO what happened. I told him the truth and he took the offenders rifle and found it had no bullets and his mags were empty. He did say “ you should have shot the sob now I have to fill out a lot of paperwork. He was later court martial Ed and given a year in Long Binh jailslk “ bad time!
That sounds like it should be. Dad always said above all else you should always tell the truth, even if it gets you in trouble and I believe in that. I can see how it could be easy not to but I think even in civilian life a soldier.(and civilians) should be truthful . Without going into to much detail, im a conservative and im half Jewish. My neighbor is in the Michigan army reserves and he is a.skinhead, i.didnt know he was till after talking to others and being in his house with him one day, well couple weeks later we were sitting on his porch and I told him I was half Jewish and ever since he has been trying to get me in trouble, calling my autistic son a fucking retard.. lying to people about stuff, just doing everything he can to push my buttons and get me to move out of the house I had built 15 years ago. He just moved in next door a.couple years ago. I hate to tell him, ive been here since this neighborhood started, he moved into a house that was for sale and im not moving because he is a pos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts