Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Right.. i didn't catch it either.. your in perfect shape with those. Good consistent primers:)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
So I just loaded the 308’s with 38.0gr H335 w/150 tips. I imagine it will be very good with the keltec. If not, I’ll go to 40gr. I’ll know tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
686 Posts
So I just loaded the 308’s with 38.0gr H335 w/150 tips. I imagine it will be very good with the keltec. If not, I’ll go to 40gr. I’ll know tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I would load in .2 increments till you find accuracy load want

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I would load in .2 increments till you find accuracy load want

It’s not accuracy I’m looking for right now. First I wanna begin with the smallest load that will work with the keltec. From there I’ll adjust for accuracy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Understand:)

Oh boy......

Ok, so the 38gr worked great. But the firing pin broke. I guess they didn’t see it the two times I sent it. Or it happened afterwards. But I needed more rounds to see it work fully. I had it going nice at 200y. Then the damn pin cracked in half.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Oh boy......

Ok, so the 38gr worked great. But the firing pin broke. I guess they didn’t see it the two times I sent it. Or it happened afterwards. But I needed more rounds to see it work fully. I had it going nice at 200y. Then the damn pin cracked in half.

Holy crap.. i bet they will send you another.. I wonder if uses.a special designed pin

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Holy crap.. i bet they will send you another.. I wonder if uses.a special designed pin

They’re sending it. I sent a photo of it. Cause I said “I’ve never seen a broken firing pin before” and he’s like “well push the back of it and see if it pops out”. I did that and that was the issue. It was actually funny. I was saying to myself “I wanna save some of this ammo cause it’s working amazing now (the load you told me about), so as I loaded the last mag in, the gun went “klik”. So I wasn’t all that upset. These rounds are better loads than the LC ammo that I reload the brass from. It’s WAY better. But this gun was a mess from whatever happened to it when I first got it. I’m gonna just expect another issue down the road and then it’ll be perfect. As long as it shoots like this, I’m happy as can be. I hated it when I first got it. Then I started reloading it and I fell in love. It shot like a Cadillac compared to a Chevy Caprice Classic (I’m an 80’s kid, those were the police cars everywhere). So if I have a few more bumps in the road it’s worth it for this kind of shooting experience. I’m not sure what would happen if I lowered the loads to 36 grains from 38. The gas adjustment would be able to use it enough to lock back and cycle fine I would think. But I don’t know what happens to a gun if you underload too much.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts