1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I just read the review on the XR-100 , ill tag this and be back soon.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
just lost 20 minutes of typing because I tapped back button on my mouse................................ :( itll be a little longer now........

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
hyp,

I had a nice long thing written up but I hit back and now it is gone!!! :evil: So here is my condenced version.........

If I were you............I would get the VSF, and here is why........

The VSF has a better stock(IMO), it is synthetic and a better style than the XR-100. It has a greater magazine capacity(Xr-100 is single shot), and it is also fluted which is nice. The XR may have a more easily adjustable trigger that would be nice, but I just the the VSF is a better choice.

Cartridge- The .223 is a good choice, I was goin to try to convince you to go 22-250, but then I stopped and thought about my varmit gun. Amazingly enough, it's a 223!!!! I would look up the .17 Mach 2 or whatever it is called because that looks interesting, but the .223 has parts readily accesible, and if easy to reload for. I would use the Sierra 69gr. HPBT MatchKings, but your rifle has signifcantly less twist than my RRA, so you'll have to ask someone else for the best load for that rifle.

Hope I could help some, I know this post is rough and nasty looking and I appologize. I worked real hard on the last one and it all disapeard. But finally, I would buy the VSF, I think it is better in more ways than one.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
not only that but the 17 mach 2 is rimfire isnt it?

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
yup, it's a necked down 22LR...Maybe he meant 17 Remington?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
whatever that fast little bullet I heard about is called, I dont know ANYTHING about it, just that it was popular w/ the varmit guys.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
.204 ruger is pushing 4k now... so its probably that

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
yea i just check the article, it was .204 Ruger, dont know where my head was at. but what do you guys think of my comments?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wont be getting a .204 ruger for the fact that it costs so much for a box of ammo...and thanks apk for the good advice--if i would get any gun it would probably be the vsf--its too bad ur other post dissapered :cry: that's alright tho--thanks again

~dom~

·
Registered
239 Posts
How much is the .204 ammo where you are at? I get it at Sportsman's Warehouse for $13.99 a box. I really like the caliber.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Just me, but I wouldn't get the single shot rifle. Having to reload after every shot and re-adjust your position every time you fire would get annoying.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
our .204 ammo here in SD is about 25$ a box or around that

~dom~

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wow, do you at least get a reacharound with that? :) I would definatly find somewhere else to buy ammo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts