Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not knowing alot about different cartidge lengths I was hoping someone here could help me out. I was looking at possible actions to use in the future for building any or all of the following: 338 Lapua, 408 CheyTac, and/or 50 BMG.

I was looking at Montana Riflemans Professional Hunter Actions and was wondering if any of those calibers could not work in their action.

http://www.montanarifleman.com/prohunter.htm

It says that it can handle and cartidges between 375 H&H and 505 Gibbs. I was pretty sure that that covered all three, but I wanted to make sure.

They also stated "The action will have one of three bolt face sizes. .534", .604" or .648"."

Thanks for any help,

John

PS The initial pricing is what caught my eye. I will of course wait till I get my SC3 and see how I like their actions before I make any decisions.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The action will not house the .50 BMG, its a beast all on its own. But the .338 Lapua and 406 Cheytac should work great!

If you contact them, you can ask for Jeff and let him know I sent you along.

I fired the SC3 Prototype today...

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
mele said:
The action will not house the .50 BMG, its a beast all on its own. But the .338 Lapua and 406 Cheytac should work great!

If you contact them, you can ask for Jeff and let him know I sent you along.

I fired the SC3 Prototype today...

MEL
Yeah i like how you slip that in WITHOUT A RANGE REPORT!!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If all turns out well with the SC3 then I might just be pestering you very soon to get me an action or two before their prices shoot up.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts