Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Don't you think the forums English bashing is going a tad far now?

In this instance, police saw a minor waving what appeared to be a gun around, stopped, checked that it wasn't a real gun, and left.
Angry father moaned that the police were harsh to his son.
Whats the big deal?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the police reacted properly.

We all know how dangerous young boys can be with toys. You just cannot take any chances.

First they're playing Cowboys and Indians, then the next thing you know they might start insulting horses.

And you have to start putting the young in their place right away. Who knows, by the time they reach the age of 12, those kids might start thinking for themselves.

And Lord knows, we wouldn't want that would we?

Mad

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I think threatening to arrest the kid was going way overboard, but there's nothing wrong with stopping to check if the cop honestly believed it was a real firearm. His people skills need work, thats all.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dead center, Yimmy. Waving the gun under the nose of police is bad idea anyway, the boy learned that after all :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Considering the fact that kids seem to shoot each other with REAL guns quite often these days I don't think it was wrong of the policeman to at least check what the kids were playing with. You never know... and wouldn't he feel stupid if it had been a real gun and one of the kids had gotten shot..what then?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Re: re

Recoil said:
...... We know we're not lunatics or war mongers, and frankly, we get sick of the world taking their psychological/inferiority issues out on us....

..... If for nothing else, you deserve a better government and for now at least, ours really does beat yours....
AMEN!!!!!!!

-Brian Shields

·
Registered
565 Posts

Recoil said:
[ If for nothing else, you deserve a better government and for now at least, ours really does beat yours.
Funny...I just remembered the "old" saying about opinions and a**holes... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Exactly!

But obviously, some people thought our current government was great, cause they made sure they got another four years. I don't agree - but that's an opinion. At the moment I'm not sure the Bush administration would be much of an improvement. Nor would I want Blaire. But don't you get it? Politics is all about opinions...and everyone has opinions. One opinion isn't more right than another. It's all a matter of perspective. Sometimes it seems like a lot of Americans (and others..) forget that....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yimmy said:
Don't you think the forums English bashing is going a tad far now?

Actually, I'm not trying to pick on England. Whenever I see something that involves a spectacular level of government idiocy, I post it.

When the guards at the US border let a bloody murderer into the US complete with chainsaw, I posted it.

But I must admit, there are lots of stories involving spectacular hitherto unmatched levels of asininity coming out of England right now. Every day I find something new and I'm not even trying to look for it.

Mad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts