Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now other than moving slowly, and the basics of crawling, is there anything else to moving from Point A to Point B to cut down on your srroundings moving with you. I've gotten pretty good moving with the wind but in the woods a lotta times there isnt much wind.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Keep an obsticle between you and the observer(s). Its very difficult for them to see through trees, hills, etc.

MEL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mele said:
Keep an obsticle between you and the observer(s). Its very difficult for them to see through trees, hills, etc.

MEL
Well i started off at 75yrds away and hadda crawl to a point close to 25yrds(we figured that was plenty close nuff to get a shot off.) to somone sittin on some hay rolls with 10x50 binoculars. The point i had to crawl to was another set of hay rolls, the 2nd from last to be precise. So i stayed behind them as much as i could, i kind felt like it was cheatin though. ^_^

In SOCOM 3 i can call an airstrike, but i dont think thats gonna happen very soon in paintball. Though with those new gyocopter kits they came out with it may happen . . . ;)

Meh, i keep all my stuff on my back and i just modyfied my ghillie last night to cut down on drag. Prolly gonna work on it s'more.

Well, when I'm crawling to i wanna push my gun through the grass, or put the sling on and use my hands? Or should i just crawl through it and not worry bout it?

·
Registered
365 Posts
High Crawl and Low Crawl

High Crawl: Move faster, elbows and knees get the pain and makes more noise than the Low Crawl. Torso and head are more away from the ground.

Low Crawl: Body is low to the ground. More quite but not as fast as High Crawl.

High Crawling is SO tireing on you ...but as long as you have your motivation up and know you need to get something done, you wont stop.

Oh I assume you know how to do these?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more/less.

But when you're crawling and you come to a long strip of tall grass, but it offers the best cover, how do you get through it? Do you put your gun on your back and use your hands to gradually move the grass out of the way, they crawl through it and repeat, push your gun through and using your body for the rest, or do you just crawl straight through it?

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
The "offical" way I was taught was to grab you weapon at the front sling swivel with the weapon riding on top of your hand. low crawl with the weapon dragging except the front of the bbl. Also if you look arond you will see mentiond "drag bags" thay are called that for a reason. Crawl drag crawl drag.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well for paintball, i'd use the set up to move through the tall grass. But i havnt not played woodball in SOO LONG. I was like 10 whenI played it. Now 7 years later, I only play tourney ball.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts