Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was an amazing day. Thanks to my expert coaching, Mr. Squinty shot an amazing three shot group with the F-51. The group measured slightly over 0.050 MOA.

The F-51 is so easy to shoot that it is mind boggling. To think that a buck-toothed, slack-jawed simpleton could shoot like this! To think that he once was a trigger yanking schnook!! And now equipped with this rifle and my expert advice, there is no telling what we might accomplish together.

Now to those of you who might be considering a Tactical Operations rifle, just buy one. These rifles are perfect. You will never regret the decision to buy one.

The scope was a 4.5-14X50 Zeiss and this scope is perfect with the F-51. This is the best combination since smoked salmon and Devonshire cream.

The load used was 46.0 grains of Varget, Lapua brass, the 168 grain Sierra Match King and CCI match primers. The overall length was 2.800".

Fluffy.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
We want pics!

But on a sumewhat more serious not, have you ever stopped to think that squinty might be plotting something against you?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very good to hear :).....and some very interesting sarcasm haha.....all in all whats wrong with being a simpleton :wink:.....all joking aside nice shooting. keep up the good work!

have a good un

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hykin said:
Very good to hear :).....and some very interesting sarcasm haha.....all in all whats wrong with being a simpleton :wink:.....all joking aside nice shooting. keep up the good work!

have a good un
The REALLY amazing thing is that we hear all the time" oh ya, but can he do it again?" 8)
Well, folks, Mr. Squinty actually DID!!
Although I like and admire the genius of my furry friend, he really doesn't give the Squinster near enough credit.
What happened last night after we got the scope zeroed and before he shot this group was this.

Mr. Squinty shot two shots right on top of each other.
The third shot, he called pulled on , and it was in fact a pulled "low and right" shot, acceptable to many, but not for a match quality rifle.
he then said , I know I pulled that shot because I was getting a bit exited .
I'm going to put another right with the other two.
AND HE DID!! :shock:
This tells me several things, the first being that the danged rifle/scope combination is about perfect for his messed up eyes.
This is important, because it does not matter if the best glass in the world is on the wrong rifle, or vice versa, everything must be in balance with the shooter,

The second is that he is getting quite good at composing a shot, and knows when and what went wrong with a shot. This is paramount in becoming an expert shooter.

The third is, that Mr. Squinty is danged near becoming as proficient with this rifle as he is at his chosen profession- maybe not QUITE as good, but there is hope! :lol:

Finally I can relax because a certain cat , for once has quit caterwalling at me about how he has to live in close proximity with a "trigger yanking schnook"!!
ironsighter

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I was also very pleased with my final group of the day. I fired three shots in less than a minute. I simply banged them away in the failing light.

The first two shots were in the same hole and the third shot was in a seperate hole touching the first two. I felt that I pulled the third shot very slightly.

I honestly feel that if I take my time, I can put them all in the same hole.
I sent Ironsighter a picture of the group and I hope he will post it here.

Mad

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
buck-toothed, slack-jawed simpleton
You forgot mouth breathing, knuckle dragger.

Congrats Fluffy on teaching squinty how to shoot. What kind of trigger did Mike use on that? I know he like the old Remington triggers but I don't know if he's still using them.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
oneeyedmac said:
buck-toothed, slack-jawed simpleton
You forgot mouth breathing, knuckle dragger.

Congrats Fluffy on teaching squinty how to shoot. What kind of trigger did Mike use on that? I know he like the old Remington triggers but I don't know if he's still using them.
Its a old style remmie trigger!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts