Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VERY rugged scopes and leupold quality glass for the price of a tasco or a simmons. If anyone is looking for a great long range scope then i would deffinately take a look at one of these. They sell an 8.5-25x50 target model for 250 bucks that will knock your socks off. Part of the reason they are so cheap is they sell mostly by word of mouth. No advertising expenses.

http://www.muelleroptics.com/

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Please provide some more details. Have you used them? Have you compared them side by side with leupold or nikon or uso? Everyone is always looking for good deals for scopes, so if there is truly a hidden gem out there, we all would love to know.

I didn't see any mil-dots. And I would like to see how much adjustments the scopes have.

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure thing mel, I have a 3-9x40mm model and when compared next to my leupold vx-II and my bushnell elite 3200 of the same power and size, the mueller very much so compares in clarity. While i do not know the actually number on light transmission, to my eye it is very comparable.

All of their scopes come with target turrets and are very user friendly. The big daddy 25 power that i have on my ruger is a little muggy at distances less than 50m when using full magnification, but nothing that isnt horrible.

While they dont offer different recticles yet, other than the varmit and german #4, these scopes are great... especially in low light situations.

As a matter of fact mel, Im going to talk to a friend of mine and see if i can get one shipped out to you for review. I really feel this is one of those hidden gem's your talking about... i actually found my target scope on the outdoor optics shop online for 200 bucks with shipping included.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mel, just got off the phone with a guy at mueller. They have a new model they are coming out with, with a mil-dot recticle. He said it wouldnt be a problem to try and get it out to you if you covered ups costs. If covering this is a problem then I'll be happy to pay them. He should contact you soon.

Hope i havent overstepped my boundaries.

Spade

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Spade,

that sounds great! I can cover UPS, its no problem. I would really like to review the scope and see if we might have something good here!

thanks for following up with that

MEL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im very interested in these scopes, prices look very good. Perhaps a review of the mil-dot model mel? When does the mil dot model suppose to be for sale?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Update:

Mueller optics are sending out their tactical prototype for a review this week. The one I'm reviewing is a 3-12x but the one that will be available to the public next year will be a 4-16x. More specs will be coming.

I should have a review up in about 2-3 weeks.

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great mel, im glad to hear they didnt skunk you. I was nervous that they would.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 8.5-25x50 Mueller, it looks fantastic its so clear. I haven't tested it out yet - in about a week :) I would be really interested in this mil-dot version so I'll be checking in for that review! :-D
Its has some great reviews Mueller, that's why I took a chance with them - I couldn't quite afford a Leupold and at the same time was not prepared to settle for what you generally see available for under $300. Like I said I haven't shot with it yet but I am very confident it will not let me down.
Moving off a little bit Mele, I have it on a Tikka T3 Varmint and seen you have writtenthat you will do a review on it but had "/Tactical" next to it, does this mean your undecided on which rifle your doing or calling one rifle the same thing?
My Varmint seems pretty schmick, really crisp trigger - can't wait to get the whole setup out for a shot!
Cheers
Bluebird

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, the Mueller scope still hasn't shown up, but I'm anxious for it.

In terms of the tikka, the /tactical means I am undecided which to review. I'm trying to find the right opportunity to review it... I'd prefer the tactical, but will do a .308 varmint if I need to

MEL

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Cant wait to see Mel's review of the Mueller Mil Dot. If it is as good as my 4x16x50mm, he will like it. I have looke through my Mueller, then through my sniper instructors Leupold, and the clarity is very close if not he same to my eyes. The instructor competes alot, and is also a military sniper who knows his scopes, and he liked the looks of the scope, but was concerned only about durability, as he had not seen many Muellers at the time. I have about 600 rounds under mine mounted first on a M14, and then on the 700, and no problems so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As you can tell im fairly new to the forums here but have followed them for some time. I just got my mueller scope(4x16-50 mil dot) in a few days ago along with my new savage 10fp-le2a. I plan to take them out and break in the barrel tomorrow. I also have a nikon monarch mounted on a bushmaster varminter that im going to compare it too. From the outside the scope looks great the illumination even lines up with the xhairs(something i was sceptical about). Will know more tomorrow and will post back results.

·
Registered
108 Posts
mel did mueller ever send you the scope to be tested
im kinda waiting on a professional review to
make a choice on a scope for my old 30-06
also need one for my rem223
if they didnt ill send them a link to the reply of people waiting for a review
before they buy

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The scope shipped on monday, but it has not yet arrived, hopefully today or tomorrow. It will be soon.

MEL

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
On Muellers website in the review section there is a pic of the scope mounted on an AR all the way at the bottom. Is the extension on the scope a sunshade? How effective is whatever it is at whatever it is supposed to do? Hows that for a specific question! And where would you get them(online) so I can do some reading on them.

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its a sunshade and you can get them from mueller for around 30 dollars i believe. It helps keep glare off the lense of the rifle scope when shooting "towards" the sun.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The BIG thing a sunshade does for sniping, is keep the lense from reflecting to give you position away to the bad guys. If you have a 40mm objective, you need a sunshade that is at least 40mm long. If that is the case, then the only way your lense is going to reflect sun light (glint) so the baddies can see you is if you actually have the sun in your sight picture. There are some more traditional advantages to sunshades, but this (in my opinion) is THE most important.

MEL

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thanks for the info. The only place I saw, that was selling 50mm version for Leupold, was on a site I haven't bought from, due to there prices on most firearms seems pretty darn high. Any suggestions?

John

1 - 20 of 53 Posts