Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Yeah.....it takes more time to actually write as well:

0|-| |> 4 [D 4 [] |\| ........3y3 |\| 3 3 |> |-| 3 |_ [D....

(Oh the pain, I need help)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

The sad thing is, we can probably expect to see such "words" as 1337 in the dictionary in the next 5-10 years, as common slang does get added after a while.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is funny cause in the Philippines, in the dawn of text messaging, Filipinos (kids and adults alike) abbreviate words when sending messages. Heck, even I do it so save space and, well, laziness... Type "txt" instead of "text", "ur" for "your", "msg" for "message", "2morow" for "tomorrow", and the like... The bad thing is when it comes to type properly, say you need to make a formal document, some people have actually forgotten how to spell...

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
T9 is the best thing to happen to cell phone texting.
I hate abbreviations and the general upswing of people who speak English but can't seem to write English.

:?

I'm not talking about the occasional person on this board who doesn't copy edit their post before running out the door to work. I'm talking about kids who can barely put a coherent sentence together on paper and have received their High School diplomas.

Although, I do like Muzzleblast using the word "hatin,'" a lot.
:lol:

-snowy

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Snowy, I'll keep it up :D

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You da shizzy, my nizzy!

Hey, at least I punctuated the "Hatin'" lol.

Don't hate the player, hate the game :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: re

Yimmy said:
The sad thing is, we can probably expect to see such "words" as 1337 in the dictionary in the next 5-10 years, as common slang does get added after a while.
the worst thing is its happening now, lol - laugh out loud has already made it into the dictonary as a word. . . . . makes you wonder dosent it?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Re: re

HUMDINGER said:
Yimmy said:
the worst thing is its happening now, lol - laugh out loud has already made it into the dictonary as a word. . . . . makes you wonder dosent it?
Its weird, I guess I spend too much time online (im a gamer and psudo-coder). And i find myself using the words "Pwn3d" and "Pr0n" and stuff...

Although i have a friend who actually SAYS LOL when somethings funny.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Kids my age created it. Im use to it though. It's a 2nd language to me. It probually came from the instant Messanging world. My IM's and others are like:

XX: Sup?

YY: Nothin much

XX This shizzle we had to do today was BS

YY: Dats not rite man

LOL thats a lame example but hey...

The l337 language that is like |-| /-\ X 0 R (haxor-aka hacker) I can not stand! L337 language like L337 H4x0R (elite hacker) I don't mind. If you play Counter-Strike a lot you hear a lot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
agreeing with spade though, i mean its to common and the more u read it, the more it just like apprers in your writing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts