Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a terrible experience with Witt. He makes promises he doesn't keep and if he screws up the customer service he refuses to deal with it or admit it. Great machine work and an initially personable attitude don't make up for truly deficient customer service. He even had the gall to challenge my credit card charge back after I never received any product. That was super insulting seeing as he wouldn't return any of my calls nor would he respond to emails.

I won't address the parts he makes beyond making the observation that he's enabling people to be cheapskates. Sets a bad precedent of mindset.
I Don't blame you - he's a knuckle head. Real bad bedside manners. Does great work no doubt - my friend told me of another source for clamp ons and i would rather spend a little more on the next purchase elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I had a terrible experience with Witt. He makes promises he doesn't keep and if he screws up the customer service he refuses to deal with it or admit it. Great machine work and an initially personable attitude don't make up for truly deficient customer service. He even had the gall to challenge my credit card charge back after I never received any product. That was super insulting seeing as he wouldn't return any of my calls nor would he respond to emails.

I won't address the parts he makes beyond making the observation that he's enabling people to be cheapskates. Sets a bad precedent of mindset.
I Don't blame you - he's a knuckle head. Real bad bedside manners. Does great work no doubt - my friend told me of another source for clamp ons and i would rather spend a little more on the next purchase elsewhere.

SOMETIMES, customer service that is perceived as poor is preceded by a really bad "Customer Attitude". Call a supplier and take an adversarial approach, you may get "double" in return. For most of my working life I was always amazed at the number of people that used to call me for assistance with a product the company I worked for produced and the first words out of their mouths were statements like "Whoever designed this piece of $#!% should have it shoved up their @$$" and then ask for help.

Don't really know in these cases but in my dealings with Ken, he's been on top of his game. Good C/S, good product, and good price.

Cheapskates? Why should anyone have to pay more for a product that does a great job, especially if the only real difference is "looks" and "name".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Actually, i'm very cordial - can't get any help ìf you're nasty towards another. O well! I'm happy with my last purchase - just wont be doing any more business with him. If you can't be reached via email or telephone - whats the point? Glad you had a good experience with him. I wont change a thing I said about him.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Beside the Witt Machine, any one has experience with other clamp on? Like Roedale, Kahntrol, or Grizzly. Surely, Witt is not only clamp on people are buying?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reviving a 8 month old thread... A question on the Witt installed on a blackened barrel (R-700P). If removed at a later date, does it leave any lasting marks on the barrel?

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Reviving a 8 month old thread... A question on the Witt installed on a blackened barrel (R-700P). If removed at a later date, does it leave any lasting marks on the barrel?
It most possibly can. If it's not a prefect machined match to your barrels profile one end is likely to pinch your barrel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had put a kahntrol clamp style on my lr-308 . I have since sold it .didn't impress me much and the thing was huge. Running Griffen armorment taper mount brakes now since running suppressors.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
It most possibly can. If it's not a prefect machined match to your barrels profile one end is likely to pinch your barrel.

Witt suggests the use of some loctite when installing the brake on finished barrels not only secure it, but to protect finish (assuming the finish is durable like the Remington oxide or bluing). I've done this with my Witt brake and it WILL remove duracoat and possibly cerakote but the black oxide finish, no. The loctite forms a thin barrier and the Witt brake is sized for the user's barrel (User has to provide two measurements so it can be sized to the barrel and amount of taper) so there's no "scraping" as the brake is clamped down. That's my experience anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Old thread but worth cont.

I have just ordered one of the Witt Machine clamp on brakes for my Rem700 Long Range SS, it's chambered in 300WM and after 30 rds off the bench it is starting to beat me up. I'm not recoil sensitive but I have Hornady 208 ELD Match running over the chrony at 2900fps, that recoil has to go somewhere. Will add a further review and photos when it arrives down under.

UBIQUE
Australia

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am still a little bit "on the fence" as to whether I'll put a brake on my .308 but if I do, I now know where I'll be buying it. Businesses who treat their customers like this are the ones I like to give my money to.
i know this about a brake, which I'm in the market for for my 308 and 300 win mag. but with regards to your comment of places that treat folks great and spending your money. as for ammo, there is a company out of montana that i buy ammo from frequently, and yes, at times they are out of the ammo i order, but overtime that happens, i get a call, and they offer to reduce my payment, usually by 10% (most of my orders were for 5.56 in 2000 rounds bulk buys which adds up fast in $$$ amounts) and then when the original ammo order comes in stock, i get another 10% off that. i know 10% aint much, but the ammo is reasonably priced and every time i make an order, if it not in stock, i get a phone call, not an email saying its out of stock, please check back later for in stock availability. i just ordered 300 win mag ammo and wanted 190 grain, but they were out, so i ordered 180, which i wanted to try anyways. a few hours later, i get a call saying they were out of 180s but had 190s, i told him that was what i original wanted, so he discounted it and sent it out with free shipping. the online company is IQmetals and carry HSM ammo, which i like and my guns like the ammo too and i especially like the great customer service IQ has, i just wish HSM could keep up their production fast enough to keep the items in stock on IQmetals site.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts