Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Muzzle Breaks

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  mele 
#1 ·
hey guys. I just like alot of you hate recoil. I wanted to get rifle in .300 WSM and i wanted a muzzle break. I was wondering if any of you guys have any good ideas about which one i should get to minimize recoil.

#2 ·
just buy a lilja barrel, you can get one with a brake already built in.

lilja also sells a unit buy itself i believe. so does shilenvi think. You can buy em for around 125 dollars and be sure to add the cost of machining your barrrel to accept it or welding it on.

and be prepared for it to be a LOT louder too.

#4 ·
Does one loud hunting shot bother you? I know its not good for the ears but half the time I barely hear it....As for target shooting, pad your jacket man, No shame in it. Or invest in a good pad, like Limbsaver.

#9 ·
I have shot a rifle with a BOSS and I liked it...but I didn't shoot the same rifle without the BOSS, know what I mean dude? There are some you can twist to turn on and off too. See if you could shoot a buds, but I have read...just read...that a good one can take away 1/4 or 1/3rd of the recoil you feel.

#10 ·
If you want some serious recoil reduction, you can go with the JP brake, as seen here:

http://www.eabco.com/cssmb.html

It is suppose to be the best, and the loudest from all reviews I've read. Just about any/all gunsmiths and barrel makers have their own brake design, and they are generally work pretty good. Besides the one above, there isn't any one that stands out above the others. They all generally reduce felt recoil by 40-60%.

I'm thinking of the JP for the SC .338 Lapua rifle. Though I'm sure many will think its ugly.

MEL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.