Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know that this has nothing to do with sniping and everything but my brother asked me to post this and help him out. my brother has entered this contest for hi computer and he needs people to vote on it so i am just askin if any of you out there have 1 min go and vote for him. his computer would be the one made entirely of legos. just copy and paste the address below----

http://www.msicomputer.com/msiforms2/CaseMod2005_15.asp

vote for---- TIM LAUBACH

if you vote you also get put into a drwing for an mp3 player so hey y not right.

anyways thanks again people it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I voted, but I couldn't vote for your brother's: at least the other Lego one had a variety of color to it and not just a bunch of black legos stuck together into a, uhm, cubicle rectangle thingy (what's the name of a rectangle with volume?).

It was either the shop vac or the Hellraiser one, and I wasn't going about to vote for a shop vac.

Scatch Maroo

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
uhm, cubicle rectangle thingy (what's the name of a rectangle with volume?).
uhhh, a cube..:D No, seriously though... Volume = width x height x depth or, since a rectangle's sides are all equal, Volume = side³

·
Registered
994 Posts
12twist said:
uhhh, a cube..:D No, seriously though... Volume = width x height x depth or, since a rectangle's sides are all equal, Volume = side³
I'm looking for the name of the shape, not the formula to determine its volume: but a rectangle's sides aren't all equal (that's a square, plus the bit about 90 degree corners)--the definition of a rectangle is, I believe, a shape with four sides, two pairs being parrallel, and each pair of said sides being of different lengths? I know there are some engineers on here who know the answer... what's the name of the shape?!

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
152 Posts
the guy with the half cylinder with all the plexi glass was the one that i think was most impressive. i voted for tim but it didnt show a whole lot of skill or creativity.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
I'm looking for the name of the shape, not the formula to determine its volume: but a rectangle's sides aren't all equal (that's a square, plus the bit about 90 degree corners)--the definition of a rectangle is, I believe, a shape with four sides, two pairs being parrallel, and each pair of said sides being of different lengths? I know there are some engineers on here who know the answer... what's the name of the shape?!

Scatch Maroo
"Rectangular solid" is the proper shape name for it I believe........

EDIT : By the way, a "parallelogram" also has four sides, with two pairs being equal....but only a rectangle has all 90 degree angles, whereas a parallelogram has complimentary angles that equal up to 180 degrees....(a rectangle is actually a parallelogram, its just a special one)

Sorry, Im a math nerd.

·
Registered
994 Posts
12twist said:
"Rectangular solid" is the proper shape name for it I believe........
That's so boring!

12twist said:
Sorry, Im a math nerd.
I tried to be, because of the conceptual/philosophical concepts behind pure mathematics, but I ain't got the brain power for it! Kudos to you though, and it seems that there are a number of math-minded shooters on these forums. Maybe there ought to be a section dedicated to wild formulas and such that are the basis for shooting? ;-)

Scatch Maroo

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Would rank right up there with the excitement of my "weekly Perl regular expression" challenges I mail out to fellow programmers at work. Id love to put together something or another that would act like a mathematical tutor for mildot ranging, but there are plenty of those out there. Im sure there is something that hasnt been done yet.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Yeah....same shape, two names.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Math Whizzes kick ass...If I could have paid more attention in school now that I know long range shooting needs me to know Cartesian planes and Parabolic arches, Mils, Moa, ballistics and all the rest lol.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I have an 18% grade from Senior year Physics. Framed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts