Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I explained in a past topic, Im building a rifle off a Remington 700 action. The purpose of the rifle is simple, I need a general purpose rifle I can use for long range shooting, and a general big game rifle (which could handle both mule deer and elk (and yes, I understand a .30-06 would've been a better choice, but I didn't have choice when I bought the rifle)).

This the Remington 700 ADL I got for cheap becase the original owner was a felon. Basically my work so far has been turning this ADL into a BDL. And thanks to Mel, I got BDL floorplate and and some other parts from Brownells.

Its finally a BDL.

My next step is to send it off to Harts Barrels to have it rebarreled with a 24 inch #7 fluted target barrel. From there then get a HS Precesion tactical stock (I was thinking about the one on the 700P except get it with the adjustible cheeck piece and adjustible length of pull). But those are a long ways off, I need to get the money first.

BTW: The rifle's name is Canyonero (If you don't get it, watch the Simpsons).

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Yeah man, I'd like to see how your rifle turns out! From the sound of what you're using it'll be great.

Sorry, but I didn't see the old topic and I'm lazy this afternoon lol. Is it in 308? If so, its still a fine choice for deer and elk.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Ahhhhh, another project rifle. I love this country. :D

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
subThermal said:
LOL! Canyonero!

Awesome SUV!
With lipstick where the cigarette lighter shoudl be... lol I loved that episode..

Marge going all road rage makes me all hot and bothered.

Good looking rifle, should turn out very well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rifle will be in .300 Win Mag.

Due to painful lack of current funds, updates will be slow and painful.

And I chose the name Cayonero because its (to qoute the lyrics of the commericial) 12 Yards Long, 2 Lanes Wide, and 35 Tons of American Pride!

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Heh, I would fully expect all of you north idaho and eastern washinton folks to head out here to MT when we put the SC gathering together

MEL

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
subThermal said:
LOL! Canyonero!

Awesome SUV!
what about the one where they had the action stars daughter dating Bart....

Marge: What kind of gas mileage does this SUV get?
Other Guy: Highway 1, City 0
Marge: Cooooool.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Nice name.

I think I'll name my Fulton Armory Mark 14 Mod 0, "Reiner Wolfcastle."

-snowy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Loe said:
TT, may i direct you over to www.westcoasttactical.com Lots of washington shooters, im from Couer D Alene, ID myself. Im looking forward for updates in the future
Good to see another CDA member on here. I figured there must be others around. Perhaps you can give me some good tips on places to shoot and places to shop?

mele said:
Heh, I would fully expect all of you north idaho and eastern washinton folks to head out here to MT when we put the SC gathering together
I'm hoping I will be able to do so--just to watch and learn. It'll depend on the final date, though.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I do like the name. I think it's unusual but also quite appropriate. Robust and all about attitude--taking names.

OO

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I should list my current costs and future estimated cost for the rifle:
(So Far)
Remington 700 ADL.......$200
SPS Floorplate..............$50
Magazine and Spring.....$24
(Future)
HS Precision Stock........$530
Hart Barrel...................$550
Shipping/Extra Charges..$70

Esitmated Total..............$1424

Scope, Rings, and Base can wait of while.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right now I actually do have somewhat of a plan for the optics. If Im patient I may go ahead and save up some more money and become a super miser then I can buy a Leupold 10x40 Mark 4 LR/T with some Badger Ordnance base and rings. However the plan for now is to a Super Sniper from SWFA and TPS rings and base.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts