Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd throw a pic of my first AR15 build up. Built off of a RRA upper and lower with a RRA 2 stage trigger. Magpul MIAD grip & PRS stock, WOA 16" stainless match 1 in 7 barrel with matched bolt, Samson MRFS FF rail, Badger low pro gas block, Smith Vortex FH and a Leupold 3-9x36 MR/T MilDot in a Larue mount.

I haven't had much of a chance to ring it out yet, was having trouble with ejection until I discovered that the gas block was slightly canted but I've got it roughly zeroed at 50 yards. I'm going back to the range on Saturday to test it again and hopefully get it zeroed at 100. If all goes well I'll test for accuracy with Black hills 75's, Fed GMM 69's and Hornady TAP 75's.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
That's a very nice rig. Make sure to keep us posted on how she shoots.

dom

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Bro,
Great job! She's a beauty
Respectfully,
Harry

·
Registered
261 Posts
I know looks are nothing in a combat-ready weapon... but if they were!!!
:D Very nice. Cool to see people making target ARs without 22 inch Mega-thick-whatever-bull barrels.
Range report! I don't wanna say .7 or 1 moa rifle and then you post a pick of like a .2-.3 or something...

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Looks Great! I love the stock.Is the finish on the handguard and receiver bead blasted aluminum, or stainless steel?
Jeff

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I've seen some stainless steel uppers and lowers advertised, and thought perhaps these were.The pics don't show the details that well on my computer.The silver/gray effect looks great!
Jeff

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Bro,
Okay, enough of the paperweight deal ;) ...How's she perform?
Respectfully,
Harry

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I've got the reliability issue straightened out, she ran like a sewing machine last time out. I'm having a bit of trouble in the accuracy department with it. I don't believe it's the rifle, I'm just not used to trying to stabilize such a light weapon. This thing weights half what my HS Precision does and it seems like it's jumping all over the place on me. I had a limited amount of time to shoot it so hopefully next time I get to the range I'll be able to take more time, get comfortable and get down to putting some good groups on paper to see how she shoots.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Just a thought, have you tried shooting it without the bipod?Try shooting with a suede/leather sand bag and an adjustable rest.That way you rule out some of the human error.1:7 twist should stabilize the heavier 5.56 leads without a problem.With a light rifle like your AR ,and having an aluminum free float hand guard, the harris bipods vibrates and telegraphs to the rest of the gun.It messed me up til' I got used to it.It only takes a few seconds to remove it. So if I'm wrong, it's only a few to reinstall it.

Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts