Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my first bolt rifle a little while ago. I don't have any pictures of it, but most of you have probably already seen pictures of it here.

http://www.snipercentral.com/sc3.htm

I finally got out to the range this past weekend. I have to drive about 2 hours to get to a public range that goes out to 100 yards.

I messed around with one box of hunting ammo at first. I then did some testing on my skills with some PMC match ammo, 140gr. The rifle is absolutely wonderful. It does need some more shooting to get the action smoother, but I will definitely be enjoying the process of getting it there.

It was about 98 degrees with minimal wind gusts around 3-5 mph. I am going to see if I can find out what the humidity was in the area for future reference as well. The target is a 2" square.

I am very happy with the group since it was the first time I had ever shot a bolt action rifle. I know it can definitely do better, and I will be keeping track of it's, and my, progress. I can't wait to see how it likes some different Lapua ammo.

John

*eta* - The shot to the bottom left of the other two was the third shot.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
nice shooting m8----u should try to get some pics up!!!

dom

·
Registered
152 Posts
mele said:

awwwww id say mel is speechless:p, to mel right now id say this is up there with his kids bring home a all A+ report card, hearing good things about his line of rifles. hehe sorry mel i couldnt resist;)

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
HUMDINGER said:
awwwww id say mel is speechless:p, to mel right now id say this is up there with his kids bring home a all A+ report card, hearing good things about his line of rifles. hehe sorry mel i couldnt resist;)
All to true.

I'm really anxous for John to try some Lapua 6.5 through it. I didn't get the opportunity when I was testing the rifle.

MEL

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Pretty good. Now you have to start handloading for it.

Break out the Sierras and the H-4350. Believe me once you start handloading, you will never look back.

Mad.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Very cool, John...That had to feel good :D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, it was allot of fun. I plan on starting reloading for this one very soon. I can't wait!

John

G

·
0 Posts
Nice group, and what a cool rifle. Good luck with your rifle, Mel has got some great designing behind it. What scope are you using ?

Tom

G

·
0 Posts
John,

Very cool, dude. Just like one of the other posters said, wait till you can reload your own match grade ammo. Have fun.

Tom

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very nice groups!

Iam getting my rifle (hopefully monday my dad will take me to pick it up!) soon, Remmy 700 SPS and it will be my first bolt action rifle to :lol:

...actually my first rifle other than an air gun :D

StealTh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts