Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No it came 2 months early but waiting for four months is never fun!!!

This is my SC1A5
.30-06
24 inch barrel
1:10 twist
#6 contour
deaccelerator pad
adjustable cheek plate
Harris 9-12 inch bi-pod
Leupold Mk 4 Rings and Bases
Bushnell 3200 !0x mil-dots
(going to get a leupold scope later but don't have the money right now)

If anyone is thinking about getting an SC DO IT!!! Just because Mel doesn't talk about them doesn't mean I wont :D

I want to thank Mel, this was a big thing for me as this is my second rifle and really didn't know anything. Mel and his site helped me a lot. So thanks Mel.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya can't wait to go shoot it. Don't have time right now with school and work but will try to break it in sometime this weekend.

Don't worry Stump your name is completely safe.

Gezz Scatch I'm glad you like my marble stairs. (mental note: trashcan will now become primary backround)

Jeffvn: I can't answer your question because I'm not really sure. Sorry, hopefully Mel will reply again soon.

All in all I'm super happy about the rifle. Especially the way the all black finish came out. I had my doubts when I started seeing camos but it really does look sweet.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just to let you know how wonderful the state of Ca is I had to wait 10 days to the minute!!!! They wouldn't give me my gun until after 3:12pm because thats when I did the paper work 10 days ago.

Also, because Montana has no slaes tax. Ca decided to do the honor of taxing it for me. Don't you all want to jump on a plane and move down here. :D

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the .30-06 because everyone has a .308 and to tell you the truth I still think we should be using the .30-06 (if it aint broke don't fix it)

If it was good enough for Hathcock is it good enough for me!!!

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Short action right?

sounds like it will be a very capable rifle. And yes the waiting sucks a ton!! Especially in CA where they make you wait ten days to the minute!!No joke!!! I think I checked in on it every day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.