Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

· Registered
2,193 Posts
give Barnes Tripple Shock X a try
Federal Premium makes it with the 180 gr Barnes Tripple Shock @ 2700 fps BC of about .504 if i remember correctly
good accuracy atleast in my .30-06

mel:
glad to see someone makes a .30-06 tacical rifle
perhapes this is the resurection of the good 'ol 06 :)

· Registered
150 Posts
WOW.....................................im seriously speechless congradulations on your freakin sweet rifle, one of the nicest ones of seen, and mel HOW DO YOU MAKE SOMTHING LIKE THAT man haha your good goodluck with your new rifle :lol:

· Registered
150 Posts
haha man you took it wrong im talkin about the MOA that it shoots was it like 1/2 ?.......That is what i mean it has a very tactical and sleek look to it i like it alot. You just took it wrong ak im just sayin how somthing can look that good and perform even better

· Registered
2,193 Posts
olson said:
haha man you took it wrong im talkin about the MOA that it shoots was it like 1/2 ?.......That is what i mean it has a very tactical and sleek look to it i like it alot. You just took it wrong ak im just sayin how somthing can look that good and perform even better
quality parts and someone (Mel) who knows how to put them together

· Registered
929 Posts
Drew said:
Also, because Montana has no slaes tax. Ca decided to do the honor of taxing it for me.
You were robbed: I don't know if it's even legal for them to charge you a sales tax since you didn't even buy it here in California, but almost all shops will charge you a fee of 100-200 dollars just to have an FFL transfer done (unless it's a face-to-face) because they feel you're 'stealing their business', despite the fact that they couldn't sell Mel's rifles even if they wanted to. I'm willing to bet they merely charged you an eight percent commission and told you it was a sales tax.

I've bought four guns from the same dealer in Arkansas and have had them all shipped to an FFL holder at a local gun range: I don't pay taxes to the original dealer, and I only pay 40 dollars to cover the background fees from the FFL fellow. If he doesn't charge me a sales tax, then I'm thinking,

1) A sales tax isn't required, or else he'd lose his business license
2) If a sales tax isn't required, it isn't likely to be optional: thus, it doesn't exist

My recommendation is to find an FFL in the area that will do the transfer without 'additional' fees, and without sales tax... and to consider never returning whoever held Mel's rifle for you.

Scatch Maroo

· Registered
1,167 Posts
$100-200 for an FFL transfer - call a cop you've been ROBBED!!!

My local guy does mine for $10.00. He is also a prduct testing writer for Gun Test Magazine.

JeffVN

· Registered
5 Posts
Drew, Mele,

What are your impressions of the Bushnes 10x. I had some questions about it that werent covered in the review. Is it adjustable for parallax? If so, is it the occular housing that is adjustable because I dont see any dials on the turret region or objective. Also, how is it for returning to zero after adjusting for different ranges? Also, does anything glaringly stand out as a cut corner so it could be offered at the price it goes for?

· Premium Member
9,401 Posts
No, this scope does not have an adjustable objective, which can lead to some focus issues for close in targets. The repeatability of the adjustments is good. The one area I can see where they cut costs is the fact that there is no provision for a sun shade.

MEL

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
focus ring on it is at the end, where the magnification ring usually is, mine turns a little stiff though. No markings for ranges either.

· Registered
2,446 Posts
:( I know this thread is a little old, but seeing it just makes me sad, I wish mine was done! Beautiful rifle drew.

· Registered
2,446 Posts
Go for it bro! Just cause we all enjoy shooting doesn't mean we are all 'snipers'. Thats what learning is for! Yea I'm getting one done too, as soon as I hear back from mel I am going to get things going. I can't stand the wait, plus my scope will be here on wed!!

Specs. (so far)-

action- Remington 700 5R Mil. Spec.

stock- will be remington A-5 w/ adj. cheek piece and butt plate. (I think I am goin with the saddle cheek piece and the 3-way adj. butt plate. I think the 3-way plate has more options than the spacer system.

optics- Burris Black Diamond 8-32x50mm (30mm tube) Ballistic Mil Dot

paint- I think I will be going with a destert theme for this rifle. 1. because I live in the desert. 2. I like the way it looks.

Did I miss anything?

· Registered
2,446 Posts
.308, 24" I think (mel can u help me out, i dont remember cuz i havent seen it in awile) twist is 1:11 I think.

:( I have forgotten everything about my beloved 5R!!! :cry:

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.