Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, scope finally came for the mosin...it's a 70 dollar NC star 4x32 illuminated reticle EER...cheap as hell but for this rifle, i didn't want to spend a lot of money on it (cuz as mel and drew already know i'm looking at the SC1 rifles :D / :shock: )
here's the rifle

and here's two 3 round shot groups i did after getting her on the paper...this is at 100 yards.

EDITED...added picture with quarter so you can see a little better how it shoots??

anyways...not bad shooting for a 65 year old rifle with a 70 dollar scope. i'm pleased with it.

-Brian Shields

ps how do you measure the "moa"??

·
Registered
140 Posts
dead_I_5_0 said:
ps how do you measure the "moa"??
Messure from the outside to the outside of the two furthest apart holes and subtract the bullet diameter from the measurement. For begginers, using 1" @ 100 yards = 1 MOA is close enough. In reality 1 MOA @ 100 yards is just a hair over 1 inch. About 1.085" if i remember correctly.

The Rifleman

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
American Rifleman said:
Messure from the outside to the outside of the two furthest apart holes and subtract the bullet diameter from the measurement. For begginers, using 1" @ 100 yards = 1 MOA is close enough. In reality 1 MOA @ 100 yards is just a hair over 1 inch. About 1.085" if i remember correctly.
1.047" at 100 yards.

If you want to prevent having to subtract out the caliber, and the group is spread out more, you can find those two holes furthest apart and measure from the outside of one to the inside of the other. It'll give you the distance center to center. Of course, if they are all touching each other, this method does not work

MEL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts