Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 'ol Salvage in my T5A finally. Todd bedded it for me, and I painted the stock, metal, and rings. Took it out to shoot this afternoon and found out that it wasn't setup right for me. Came back to the shop and Todd helped me get everything done right.

These pics looked a lot better on the viewfinder of the camera, but they aren't that great. I didn't realize that i'm apparently a multicam fanboi now.

I'm thinking I should have taken off the stock pack so you could see the work on the butt as well. It hurts to know that it's going to get jacked up at ASC next week. :(

For those of you that don't know, I work in the finish department, and paint the custom camos at Manners Composite Stocks, if you want the best stock made with a camo, give us a call!

Branden

·
Registered
406 Posts
That is a beautiful looking rifle. I am currently having a rifle built and it will be sitting in my third manners stock so I know the quality you guys put out. I'll probably order another one once I find a deal on a left handed savage to build up.

·
Registered
382 Posts
That's a great paintjob. Well done sir. And how do you like the T5?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a little early to know for sure, but so far I do like it. I haven't shot a thumbhole in a long time, so it'll take some getting used to.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Howdy, Dust,

I sent you a PM with the same question... Do you mind sharing what colors you used on your Multicam? I gave it a shot on my rifle, but Duracoat colors are off, and they don't include the pale green. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got your PM, sorry I haven't replied yet. As for the the colors, we actually mixed our own in house. The fewest number of paints in one mix is 2 different colors, most are 3 and we have 1 that uses 4 colors mixed together to get the right shade.

We don't buy our paint from duracoat, our paint that we use is the base paint that duracoat uses that we mix a little differently to suit our needs. All the same characteristics of wear resistance, and flexibility, but we can use it however we'd like when it comes to making new colors.

I don't know if we do anymore, cause we don't get a lot of demand for it, but i'm sure we could sell a "package" of the paint that we use in the colors for multicam. Give us a call on Monday, and we'll see what we can do for you.

Branden

1 - 9 of 9 Posts