Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are photo's of my M1A. I am in the process of having poto's of all my valuables stored on line for insurance reasons in case of fire or theft. I took these at the store since my 10 day (not 15) waiting perioud is not up. Notice the flash suppresser has been replace with a muzzle brake to make it CA legal.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
looks nice mate!!! hope it shoots well!

~dom~

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
ok, I jealous, happy now? :p

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
VERY nice ...... :D

Is there a better example of a rifle design with the M1's classic look and feel, that is still on active duty performing it's required tasks with distinction alongside it's Hi-tech polymer stocked desendants? ..... it doesn't even have a pistol grip for goodness sake! :shock:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kiwi said:
it doesn't even have a pistol grip for goodness sake! :shock:
+1

I don't like a pistol grip on a rifle. I know many folks do, but I don't. I've never been a big fan of the AR15/M-16/M4 rifle. It just never fit me well.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When a friend of mine was in Vietnam he got into some hand to hand a couple of times. The first time he said at one point he took his M-16 by the bbl and swung it like a bat hitting a guy. He said it didn't even slow the guy down. I am sure if he had the M-14 it would have been a diffrent story.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Looks sweet, eka!!! Congradulations on your new weapon! I've always been a big fan of the M1A/M14 design.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
caver101 said:
I hope you are happy now!! Now you have me wanting one!! See the new thread! :wink:
Yes :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts