Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crappy pics, will take better ones when I have it all together

Case is a Doskocil gun guard with wheels, came with the rifle.
Came with a sling, an extra sling ring that atatches to the rail underneath.
Attached the Harris bipod to the existing sling lug that is on a slide in the rail which is adjustable as well. Also included are some recoil pad spacers, wrenches and the barrel strap for the top. I was informed it was to keep the barrel from resonating when fired as all barrels do, mainly for extreme long range shooting (not sure if that is correct). All the safety info in the manuel comes in English but the rest of the instructions for tear down are in German, French and Spanish. :x

Has an 11mm scope base machined into it which kinda caused some frustration finding a solution to mount my scope using my Leupold Mk4 rings. Sig is shipping me a Picatanny rail that fits on the existing scope base, think its made by Warne. They also have one specified for Weaver style scope rings for about double the charge.

Didn't want to wait for the adapter :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw havn't fired it. Want to get the scope mounted so I at least have a chance to hit what I'm pointing at. :wink:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Aw, this nearly brings out a tear in my eye... My first time (sounds like that other "first" time :lol:) with a sniper rifle was with a SSG3000. Though, with the laminated stock.

And oh what a beautiful rifle it is! Smooth bolt, near perfect trigger, the snappy sound in the magazine when you insert it... mmmmmm! Some days I wake up regretting not buying one, others I wake up regretting I didn't buy a TRG-22..most days I'm somewhat content, though :roll: But I do envy you this rifle.

The strap you attatch in the two holes in the muzzle break and pull back towards the scope mount? It's a mirage band - and has nothing to do with barrel vibrations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The strap you attatch in the two holes in the muzzle break and pull back towards the scope mount? It's a mirage band - and has nothing to do with barrel vibrations.
Thanks Kamatz!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Why didn't you get the blaser? I can tell you that the ssg 3000 is a awesome rifle to shoot also. I shot one for our TV show and it was very nice.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nah, Blasers cost a bit more - at least here, they're fugly..and they blow up on what seems to be a regular basis.

Nope, stick with the SSG3k! Even more so since you've got the synthetic stock and not the laminated thingie I used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recieved the Picatanny rail from SIG. It was snug and went on fairly easy by tapping it with a wooden mallet. Would like to thank Warne again for the info and the rail. Heading to the range in a couple of days.

I looked at the Blaser as well. It would have cost at least 1k more and although Im sure its an excellent shooter I just didn't like the looks of it. Pluss I would'nt be able to get an SC3 from Mel :p

·
Registered
994 Posts
Kamatz said:
Some days I wake up regretting not buying one, others I wake up regretting I didn't buy a TRG-22..most days I'm somewhat content, though :roll: But I do envy you this rifle.
Financial or legal constraints? I'm a bit confused about what restrictions are imposed on the Norwegian people, although they don't seem as severe as Californians.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
565 Posts
Both, really.

The rifle I have, the SSG3k and the TRG-22 cost about the same here - around $3750 - so I can't really afford all three...besides, I want a M85, too.

The legal constraints are, though, the main problem. I have to "prove" to the police that I actually "need" a specific weapon. And since I own one .308, chances are I'll have trouble getting another. In theory I could. But it's highly unlikely. Basically, if you have one rifle that can be used for several things, you can just forget getting another one that will do one or more of the things you've already covered.

Like you'd be more dangerous with two bolt actions... :roll: Alas, that's how it works here. Some day I will move, though. Alaska, maybe... :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alaska is a great state. Don't make any trouble for anyone and they pretty much leave you alone. Still some of the best hunting in N. America.

...oh yeah, don't forget to pay your taxes too.

The SSG3k is one of the finest out of the box sniper rifles in existence. Not too many better...

...except of course the SC series. :wink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
OOPS!

"OFFICIAL RETRACTION"

um...I ment out of the box when it gets to your door... uh, yeah. :oops:

-note to self: don't piss-off the site admin.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Heh, no worries! Its really hard to get me upset. I was just clarifying a minor point to avoid confusion. But I do appreciate the vote of confidence!

MEL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts